Sign in to follow this  
Guest treeman

Localised AI

Guest simmer9304

I have several large general aviation fields that even with the General Aviation AI program still look rather bare. I know there is AirTrafficFX for FSX that provides localised AI but are there any similar programs for fs9? If not what traffic creating program would be a decent alternative for creating my own traffic?Cheers, Alex

I use Markus Brunner's "GA-Traffic" program which can be found in the file library. There's also a specific forum on this site for that program. Is that the one you're referring to? There also some GA plans at the WOAI site that you can download.I've added a lot of AI models and paints for FS9 and used "GA-Traffic" to populate my airports. You have make sure to download some AFCADs that have GA parking spots so that the program will populate the airports with aircraft. The more GA parking you have in your AFCADs, the more GA flight plans the program will install. The flight plans are random, but that doesn't bother me. I just want to see more GA. Almost every airport I have for North America, even the smaller ones with just a few parking spots, have GA aircraft flying in and out.The only real issue with the program is the number of tough and go plans which can cause lineups at the runways.

Guest simmer9304

Thanks for the input and I use Markus Brunner's GA-Traffic, that was the program I referred to at the top but I had forgotten the name my apologies there. What models do you suggest using for AI? I would like some more diversified traffic than the few AI models I have picked up. And are there any recommended AFCAD packages to use for GA airports? Thanks for the advice guys

Look into Ultimate GA. (Can be a bit of a challenge to get everything, since some files do not work over there nor in the Avsim Library, although a lot of their stuff is available in the FlightSim Library as well. Including an Afcad package.) And look into the Cessna Single-Engine Props.

Mike...

Guest simmer9304

Thanks I picked up the Ultimate GA AFCAD package and a few AI models then played around with GA-Traffic and went back to a few of my airfields and they are now buzzing with activity! Thanks guys!

Hey Alex, I don't know if you have this already but take a look at the HTAI models Cessna package. Henry Tomkiewicz has made quite a few flight plans to go with his payware package, I mean, world wide flight plans so you could be in France or Santa Barbara and see his GA aircraft. There are also a number of other developers out there who have made repaints with flight plans for Henry's package. In fact, there are so many repaints and flight plans that your skies and airports will quickly become clogged. Billy Rutherford has released at least 8 packages for Henry's Cessna's in the last week or so. The package costs around $15.00 bucks and it's totally worth it...MarkHenry Tomkiewicz HTAI Modelshttp://www.htaimodels.com/

I too use Ultimate GA and HTAI models. The amount of paint jobs available for both of these model types are limitless.

Guest DanielDafoe

I think Markus' program has a somewhat limited number of airports that it uses for FP generation, and you might want to extract the airport data (using Extractairports program) and create yourself a larger list so that some unpopulated airstrips also see some traffic. Its what I did a while back, and my GA airports list is something close to 1MB in size.Editing the resulting AI flightplan file can be fun. Use Wordpad and not Notepad! :)

WOAI has also packed some of the UGA traffic files. (makes for a quicker install) If you prefer that.Regards,Mel

I think Markus' program has a somewhat limited number of airports that it uses for FP generation...
To ensure that GA-Traffic uses all airports that have GA parking in their AFCAD's, make sure to "Collect Airports" every time you run the program. The program scans all AFCAD's and builds the flight plans based on the collected airports. You can see a list of the airports collected under the Airports tab. I find that as long as an airport has some GA parking, GA-Traffic will assign flight plans to that airports based on the percentage setting with in the program. I've downloaded a lot of Canadian AFCAD's that were specifically made for GA-Traffic to use and thus I have a lot of GA planes flying in Canada and also the States.

Guest simmer9304

From the general consensus it seems as though I have been missing out on the HTAI Cessna package which will soon be fixed :( Daniel what is the Extractairports program? I would like to populate some of the smaller strips and I believe GA-Traffic is limited to only airports that contain gates and parking spots.