Sign in to follow this  
Guest Capholland

FSUIPC for Dummies

Guest cfm562

Hi Everyone,I have a Flight Sim Yoke USB and a Homemade twin engine throttle control. I gathered from the FSUIPC manual I can assign functions to axes. What I want to do is assign the spoilers to the throttle control of the Flight Sim Yoke USB so that accurate spoiler control is possible and the reversers of the left and right engine to the Prop and Mixture Axes of the Flight Sim Yoke. Is this possible, and does someone have a quick and dirty way of helping me do that, because the FSUIPC menu doesn't seem to be too intuitive for that, and the user manual just confused the crap out of me.ThanksShane Lewis

Guest Capholland

Go to Settings, Controls, Assignments. There are two tabs. One for buttons (in front by default) and the other for controller axes. Click on the axes tab. You should be able to select all your joysticks/throttles/yokes in that window (there is a drop-down box near the top of that window that shows all your installed and connected controllers) and assign their axes individually. That's where I do it. You would only need FSUIPC to more accurately calibrate the axis once you've used this settings window to assign it to the desired controller. Hope you get it working.

Guest cfm562

Hi Cap,Thanks for your response, i never saw that there, I am messing around with it, and can get the spoilers to deploy but not retract using the axis. Any idea how to assign reversers to an axis?Thanks,Shane Lewis

I have tried putting reversers on an axis in the past (in fact, tried to put them on the same axis as throttles using a throttle control with detentes) but couldn't get it to work.I then just put them on a button instead.

Guest Capholland

According to the FSUIPC User Guide, the registered version of FSUIPC should support assigning an axis to the jet reversers. I quote: "In additional to these

Guest cfm562

cap, You know I read that too, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. So for now I'm using buttons too. Anyone else have some ideas?

OT but where did you find a throttle control with detents? Custom made?Also, on the fully registered FSUIPC, if you map a single throttle to multiple engines, it appears to apply a throttle bias so idle is higher than the zero position and going below that engages reverse thrust.Also, depending on the panel and model, if ground spoilers are enabled and the system detects you are on the surface, the ground spoilers will deploy on idle to increase drag on the ground roll.

Guest rbbarker

Late last year I made a request to Pete Dowson for a way to assign the reversers to an axis. What I wanted to do was have the two outer levers on my CH Yoke operate the throttles on engines one and two and have the middle lever operate the thrust reversers. The middle lever would rest all the way up and, as you pull the outside throttles to idle on landing, you pull the center lever down to undock the reversers. This is similar to the motions of activating reversers in real life. Pete had it done in days and it came out on the next FSUIPC update. I successfully set it up in FS2002 and now in FS2004. I just reassign my left lever to Engine 1 Throttle in FS2004's assignments page. I reassign my right lever to Engine 2 Throttle in the same page. I reassign the center lever to mixture, which FSUIPC uses for the reversers. I then go into FSUIPC and (after recalibrating the thrust levers just for fun) assign the middle/mixture axis to the reversers. I think I had to reverse the axis too. Anyway, you'll know when it works. If it doesn't, the first thing I would check out is make sure both engines are at idle. The reversers will not undock if either engine is out of idle and this could be due to improper throttle axis calibration. Give yourself a tiny nullzone at the bottom if you need to. It will work. Pete Dowson rules.Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special ProjectsKBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineswww.flywestwind.com

Guest cfm562

Hi Boyd,Thanks for you input, and that is exactly what im looking for. But, how do you assign the reverser to an axis? ThanksShane