Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

For nVidia card owners you might want to try the

I used to get every so often a texture flash. Nothing serious. Now with these drivers I don't get any at all.

I used to get every so often a texture flash. Nothing serious. Now with these drivers I don't get any at all.
I think you can also download the 197.41's (they are only listed under the 400 series) but, they should work with a GTX 285.

I think you can also download the 197.41's (they are only listed under the 400 series) but, they should work with a GTX 285.
They definitely won't load with my GTX295!

Guest UlfB
Thanks for the heads up! Downloading them now. Will benchmark them and report back.

Guest UlfB

I made three testflights over a rural area, a dense urban area and finally a flight over Seattle (PNW).No performance difference and same IQ when comparing 197.45 with 197.13. Good drivers :(

Here's the link for the W7 and Vista 64 bit version, and it is WHQL.http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista...97.45_whql.html Post Edit: You're right...no flashing of the odd texture. This is a later version and the most-up-to-date for release. I'm just in a flight flying up PNW's Columbia River about 50 miles north of Cascade Locks. 197.45 loaded as it should have on my i7975/GTX285 system, did a reboot, and as stated, am flying with the driver suite now. No issues have cropped up.

Here's the link for the W7 and Vista 64 bit version, and it is WHQL.http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista...97.45_whql.html Post Edit: You're right...no flashing of the odd texture. This is a later version and the most-up-to-date for release. I'm just in a flight flying up PNW's Columbia River about 50 miles north of Cascade Locks. 197.45 loaded as it should have on my i7975/GTX285 system, did a reboot, and as stated, am flying with the driver suite now. No issues have cropped up.
As good as any previous drivers I've had on this system in terms of performance and certainly eliminated mytexture flashing issues.IAN (Q9550 and 9800GTX on W7 64 bit)

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Just missed them ... have them now and installed. So the 197.41 release seems to be the same.

Just missed them ... have them now and installed. So the 197.41 release seems to be the same.
I am downloading 197.45 (WHQL) as I write, found in through Beta drivers page. Thanks for the HU.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest rdg

Hi,www.guru3d, has the 145's listed as WHQL. I am also going to give them a try. My experience has not been good with the 197 series with my GTX 285, but you gotta try.We should probably post in a more appropriate forum. Suprised it hasnt been moved :( Bob G

Guest rdg

Hi, well these are the first of the 197 series that have worked for me. With ENB I lock at 26 when using GEX/UTX, but I have been able to go from very dense on AG to extremely dense and still maintain smoothness and frame lock. Wow, not sure what they did but it was something right. Textures are clear and I have no blurring but I still get an occasional white flash even though I am running the ******* modifications. I had always reverted back to the 182.50 drivers which I have used since day 1, but I think these are a keeper.RegardsBob G

I noticed that the fan is now working much sooner that ever before.Maybe they deleted some of the code. lol

Hi,I just installed the 197.45 drivers and I get a white flash while panning, looks like I'll try the 197.41 drivers and see what happens.

As good as any previous drivers I've had on this system in terms of performance and certainly eliminated mytexture flashing issues.IAN (Q9550 and 9800GTX on W7 64 bit)

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,The 197.41 drivers don't work with my GTX285 board.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

It says very clearly on the Nvidia site that the 197.41 are GF400 series only... why are you guys trying to run them on 285s?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com