Sign in to follow this  
Guest bratonabike

PMDG 747 livery

Guest bratonabike

hey guys, i hav had my PMDG 744X for 2 weeks now, and ive been looking for this particular livery but i cant seem to find it. its the one that has the silver continents on the side with the PMDG 747-400X logo on it. does anyone know where to find it? :(

If you are talking about the one that came with the FS9 version of the 747. I can't find it either(although I haven't really tried to find it) I actually like that one. I wonder if Mac would paint it for us.

If you are talking about the one that came with the FS9 version of the 747. I can't find it either(although I haven't really tried to find it) I actually like that one. I wonder if Mac would paint it for us.
Someone asked me about it, since its in my signature. I don't have it either (I'm FSX only), so I was curious about the origin. Cool paint job.

Sadly enough, that livery is one main reason I loved the PMDG from videos I watched and caused me to buy the PMDG 747 for FSX.

Guest bratonabike
Sadly enough, that livery is one main reason I loved the PMDG from videos I watched and caused me to buy the PMDG 747 for FSX.
yea same here after watching the promotional video on youtube. ask mac if he can. but cant you just take the texture folder from the fs9 version (if anyone had it) and put it into the FSX version?
Someone asked me about it, since its in my signature. I don't have it either (I'm FSX only), so I was curious about the origin. Cool paint job.
it is. how can you get a picture like yours into a signiture?

yea same here after watching the promotional video on youtube. ask mac if he can. but cant you just take the texture folder from the fs9 version (if anyone had it) and put it into the FSX version?
There are differences in file formats and use of Alpha Channels so this won't work without some problems. But even if you went from someons FS9 to your own, you would still have to make the needed changes to your 747 Aircraft.cfg or make your own entries.
it is. how can you get a picture like yours into a signiture?
Go to the "Edit Signature" section in your "My Controls" (link at the top right of the page here) and add your picture using the BB code like this.
[img=http://www.partyatdans.com/hangar/images/misc/sig.gif]

So basically just post the url of your picture between the img on and off switches.Keep in mind that signature pix need to comply with AVSIMS rules of no larger than 400x68=27,200 and the 20Kbytes or less.I made some for the -8 not too long ago here. You can use one of them if you want from there current location. Just right click the image of choice and choose properties. Then copy the Address (url) in the format listed above.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest bratonabike
There are differences in file formats and use of Alpha Channels so this won't work without some problems. But even if you went from someons FS9 to your own, you would still have to make the needed changes to your 747 Aircraft.cfg or make your own entries.Go to the "Edit Signature" section in your "My Controls" (link at the top right of the page here) and add your picture using the BB code like this.
[img=http://www.partyatdans.com/hangar/images/misc/sig.gif]

So basically just post the url of your picture between the img on and off switches.Keep in mind that signature pix need to comply with AVSIMS rules of no larger than 400x68=27,200 and the 20Kbytes or less.I made some for the -8 not too long ago here. You can use one of them if you want from there current location. Just right click the image of choice and choose properties. Then copy the Address (url) in the format listed above.

thanks heaps man i feel more professional now haha

Glad to help, but you still have a broken switch or something going on in your sig (even before adding your pic) because you can see the "Size" code. It looks like it may be backwards?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest bratonabike
Glad to help, but you still have a broken switch or something going on in your sig (even before adding your pic) because you can see the "Size" code. It looks like it may be backwards?
yea ive tried to fix it but it looks swell when i got to edit it. ill try again, but if it dont work any ides?

Guest bratonabike
dont worry i fixed it