Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

"Spirit of '76" Livery

I finally got around to completing my first 185 repaint. This is one I've been planning since before they even released the amphibian version -- it's based on a real plane that's based at Plum Island, Massachusetts. Carenado had to remap the rudder on the model, and I'm not sure when they plan on releasing the revised version. Once it's out there, I'll make this paint available. A pic of the real thing is here: http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1042391/

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Great job Bill! I'm gonna snag that one when it's ready, if you don't mind of course :(

Beautiful Bill!! :( Looking forward to fly her around Plum Island.Also glad to hear that the rudder will be remapped :(

Beautiful Bill!! :( Looking forward to fly her around Plum Island.Also glad to hear that the rudder will be remapped :(
A word of warning to painters to save you a few minutes of confusion: even though they did remap the rudder so that it doesn't use a mirror of the left side on the right side, they switched the sides for no apparent reason. So the vertical stabilizer is mapped just as you see it on the texture sheet, the rudders are switched. The rudder that goes with the left stabilizer is actually reversed and mapped to the right side, and vice versa. Clearly they weren't testing with text, or they'd have seen that right away. Still, at least they were willing to rework it, which made me very happy.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest Sky_6

Bill you did her beautiful...

That is a great texture.Fantastic work.Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Guest Chunt16307

What next after "Great Airports" and "Great Repaints"!!! I look foward to flying into StarksTwin Oaks in this beauty.

I've uploaded the paint to the Avsim library, so look for it as soon as they clear it. Also, Carenado released the texture fix as a patch on their site. See their updates page for more info (link is at the top of the list).

Bill Womack

Drat, it turns out there were a couple of problems with my repaint upload. Carenado sent me an early version of the texture-fix patch that had the rudders reversed, but corrected it on the official version, so my rudders are mirrored. Also, I neglected to include the float textures. I just uploaded a new version to the Avsim library, so once the mods clear it, it's all yours. Sorry 'bout that.

Bill Womack