Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

RAdeon 9800pro and FS2004

Hello,Using driver 3.6 for ATI 9800pro / DX9b:- Every FS2004 flight I open I get several black flashes until it is completly loaded, looks like a redraw problem because menus are opened over menus.- All help files and texts inside FS that I scroll up, the text comes broken, I have to close and open the window again.- Sometimes changing views inside cockpit, the scenery isn't stable, it shake, front view is always ok.Well, the simulation is running quite smooth, but I'd like to fix these problems...Any tip is helpful.Thanks,Ulisses

Probably gonna have to wait till newer drivers come out. My suggestion to you is to email the Radeon folks to let them know about this problem.

Eric 

Exactly the same thing on my 9600. I have the latest drivers installed.

I don't think (being that FS9 is so new) that Radeon has come out with drivers post-FS9. Send them emails guys to get results!

Eric 

It happens only in FS2004, FS2002 runs fine and other games too.Microsoft changed something in video sync / redraw that is affecting Radeon. Maybe something in DirectX 9b ?Thanks,Ulisses

Ulisses,I have the exact same problem and have the Radeon 9700 card. From reading the posts below, it certainly seems like a Radeon video driver problem. Has anyone yet e-mailed Radeon about this ?Frank

I just went to their webpage (ati.com), customer care, and went through the troubleshooting process until I got to the submit a problem screen. Took about 5 minutes.

I sent an problem report in the ATI website, I suggest everyone using ATI radeon's to send a message to ATI about the problem, maybe with many customers asking a solution they write a new driver quite soon.Ulisses

I'd like to inform that my Radeon 9800pro working in windows mode is very nice, no flashing problems, no text problems, anti-alias is wonderful, frame rate is a little better than full screen. Probably radeon drivers have a problem in full screen mode.Thanks,ulisses

Guest DonaldS

Yes, I found that to be exactly the case with my computer and FS2004.I have the ATI Radeon 980 Pro 1218MB as well -- and when I switched from full screen to window mode, (1024 X 768) all the flasing, poor text amd such disappeared. I am completely satisified with the sim now. This is the most solid enjoyment I have ever had with MS Flight Simulator since I installed one on my Commodore 64 back in 1985.I understand there are some who do not wish to play FS2004 in the windowed mode and I can understand their hesitancy to do so, but for me, I'm a happy camper running the sim in window mode. It is; to use an overused word, "awesome".I have DirectX 9.0a (4.09.0000.0901)RegardsDon S Pentium 4 - 2.8Ghz1024MB SDRAM128MB ATI Radeon 9800G PRO160GB HarddriveWindows XP Home

Good you are happy !Anyway, 9800pro should work exactly in the same way in Full Screen.Ulisses

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I filled out a problem report to ATI about the issues. I also suggest others do the same. I also have a problem with poor fps, only in cities. When I am near them and or viewing in that direction. At a far distance, when buildings aren't being drawn yet, it's not a problem.Personally, I always play the sim in Full Screen. I tried windowed mode out though. Not sure everything is so cheery there either. I have resized the window several times, and a couple times FS2004 crashed.Regards

Hi,maybe it is a good idea to call microsoft, because GForce has problems in full screen as well.ulisses