Sign in to follow this  

Sound problems in Heavy Clouds

Guest Ken Meier

I am using onboard sound with a ASUS A7N8X mobo and a FX 5900 Vid card with the 45.20 drivers.I am really happy with every thing (great job Bill) except the sound cutting in and out (worse in spot view) while flying in heavy clouds.Is this common to others and is there a fix?Thanks,K

Guest aafuss

I'd recommend getting a PCI soundcard, onboard sound like graphics are not the best.

Guest metamarty

Same thing here. I have an ASUS p4p800. It's stuttering that causes this audio problem. If you have an ASUS board, you're probably running ASUS probe. Stop that program before starting FS. I found this caused most of my problems.

Try going into your computer's BIOS and increasing the PCI latency to 128 (the default is 32 with most ASUS boards). Keep in mind that the onboard sound on your motherboard still utilizes the PCI bus in your computer rather than being a DMA device. This very well might work for you.

Guest Ken Meier

Thanks Dave, but I can't find that option anywhere, only the AGP which is set to 128.There is an update for nvidia mulimedia chip set for Windows XP dated mid-June on the Windows update page. I installed it and will hope for the best.What is a good PCI card if I go that direction?Thanks,K

Guest Ken Meier

Never installed Probe, thanks anywayK

HI K,Until you upgrade your hardware, move your Weather sliders to the left until it goes away.FS2004 is actually still quite ahead of the hardware curve right now. You have to have a system with quite a lot of beef in order to run everything, especially weather, with the sliders maxxed. I don't think the system exists yet capable of running this thing flawlessly with everything completely maxxed. Maybe a couple of years into the product's life . . .-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Re: Good PCI sound cardTurtle Beach has a card out that has gotten great reviews. Sorry I can't remember which model it is. Almost bought one for about $79 last weekend at Circuit City.Don't know about WinXP but I used a Hercules GameTheater sound system for several years. Recent drivers have been iffy in my Win98 system. >90% of crashes I've had have usually been sound related. Four days ago I uninstalled the Hercules card and went to the ACR-A6CH card that came with the mobo (A7N266-C). Sounds adequate and I haven't encountered stability problems so far.