Sign in to follow this  
trisager

Night lighting

The night lighting in the Skywagon is quite nice, but a couple bulbs need a change:The ADF is perhaps an old instrument without lighting, but the attitude indicator and the clock should be lit. Is this something that can be patched?

Guest 413X3

I agree, I thought it was just by design but would be nice to have it updated. I would suggest emailing Carenado they are very good with replying. Probably just a tweak to an alpha file

I agree, I thought it was just by design but would be nice to have it updated. I would suggest emailing Carenado they are very good with replying. Probably just a tweak to an alpha file
It seems this is by design. I wrote them, but they responded this is how the lights on the real aircraft are.

It seems this is by design. I wrote them, but they responded this is how the lights on the real aircraft are.
Don't have the C185 yet, because I don't use FSX, but it should be a minor change in the L-mask.So look for a bmp-file with "_L.bmp" or something at the end. Then you have to find a way to fit this texture over the daylight- or main-cockpit-texture to get it right over the gauges.Sounds difficult, but it's very easy, if you know how that painting-stuff works... :(

Sounds difficult, but it's very easy, if you know how that painting-stuff works... :(
Yep, that's true for a lot of things :( Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give it a try.

Guest curtis008

There is a modified light texture in the file library here at avsim. c185_bush_fsx_carenado.zip

Guest curtis008

I added two fsx strobes in the aircraft config file.These lights come on with the navigation lights.In the lights section[LIGHTS]light.6 = 3, -4.65, -16.86, 3.30, Fx_strobelight.7 = 3, -4.69, 16.80, 3.30, Fx_strobeAlways make a back up copy, before editing your aircraft file. (Thanks)

There is a modified light texture in the file library here at avsim. c185_bush_fsx_carenado.zip
Unable to find the above file. Jerry

The night lighting in the Skywagon is quite nice, but a couple bulbs need a change:The ADF is perhaps an old instrument without lighting, but the attitude indicator and the clock should be lit. Is this something that can be patched?
If you go look at : FSX => simobjects => airplanes => Carenado 185 => click on the folder and there are a few PDF files......one of them is : "Operation Tips". There you will see that you can click on the dome light inside the cockpit then you can see all your instruments lit by a red light inside the cockpit, as you would in the real plane.Biskit

Hi I realise that this is an old thread but I came late to the C185 party so my apologies, the reason for this post is that I was recently asked if I could do anything to beef up the panel lighting of the 185, now I realise that this is supposed to be the way it is in the actual aircraft but I was asked to have a look so I did, the end result should be in the shots attached but you will probably notice that the ADF gauge is still next to invisible, I have not found a fix for this particular item as it seems not to have a lightmap associated with it, or at least not one I have found as yet.The modification itself consists of reworked gauge bitmaps, new panel config files needed for the modified gauges, new panel lightmap textures and reworked effect files for the pilots red dome light.So if anyone would like to try out this modification then just send me a PM and I will send you a download link for the files needed.I hope it helps.Jim Hodkinson

The pic below is for the VC10 in FS9. Just one of 100 different upgrades I have made for that a/c. I will be releasing it on Avsim when I have completed the mountain of documentation. For this view I changed the luminous and night colour settings coupled with a mask activated by a gauge switch.vololiberista

Hi Having recently had to reinstall FSX during a new build I noticed an error in one of the modified gauges (the RPM gauge) that could cause the needle to show off centre, now I know what I did I just don’t know how it got passed me but it did, anyway I have repacked the gauge cab file with an updated RPM unit so if you downloaded the C185 modification and would like a download link for the updated files then just let me know and I will send it to you as soon as I can, my apologies for any inconvenience. Take care, and have fun Jim H

Hi again As I am very quick on the uptake I have eventually noticed that although I have posted links to the C208 and C152 panel modifications I never posted one for C185 mainly as it was just an exercise to begin with, but as I have now updated the files due to an error I made in the RPM gauge it seemed easier to keep a track of the updated file set if I posted a new link to the fully updated version for those who would like to keep the amount of files they have to a minimum, which I always try to do but never succeed in doing, but anyway here is a download link to the full set of updated files and the installation instructions.. http://www.mediafire.com/?lk3obecab34xc4k I hope they are of help, and although you should not have any problems with the installation or the files themselves on the off chance that you do then just let me know and I will try my best to help if I can. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson