Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

No scenery after leaving airports - plus why no New York?

Hi everyone,Please help - this sim is doing my head in!1/ First of all after selecting my aircraft & location etc the sim starts to load but always gives this error message - "Scenery read error. Attempting to open a non existant directory. Click ok to continue". Does anyone know how to correct that?2/ Maybe this is related to the above..? After leaving an airport area the whole ground scenery is just a blob of green - no autogen, no fields etc - even at low level. The sea is just a blob of light blue color - nothing like what I have seen in screen shots.3/ This is even more strange - On trying to select a departure airport in the New York area, Newark or JFK and then selecting aircraft etc, when the sim starts to load after 15% the sim just gives up loading and returns to the desktop.System specs:Athlon 1.3ghzCreative soundblaster 4.1512mb RamGeforce 2 MX - tried 44.03 - 28.32 - 30.82 drivers Please anyone help...Thanks,Alex.

Guest dpc

Did this just start or has it been that way since you installed?You probably need to re-install FS. Something is definately whacked there.

Only installed it yesterday - and that took about 4 hours!! (problems, problems)I am not a newbie to this - so any newbies buying this thing are gonna get there heads seriously frazzled!!Shall I try a fresh install?Regards,Al.

I had the same problem as your first one. I un-installed the sim then re-installed it. I did not manually remove any folders. It fixed the problem. I cannot see 4 hours to install. Took me 25 min. You must have a computer issue.I cannot help you with New York. Good luck.AMD 1000ATI Radeon 8500 128 meg512 system ramNote, I have no issues with the video card like some are having.Vernon

Guest jase439

Sounds like low disk space or possible bad sectors on the drive which would cause the installation to grind and grind and grind for hours on end trying to write to the disk.