Sign in to follow this  
ViperPilot

Transparent area in aircraft texture

Hello!I just downloaded this repaint, and when I loaded up the sim, there is a transparent area on the nose of the aircraft, as the shot below shows: test1.jpgThe transparent area shows up on both sides of the fuselage, as this shot shows: test2.jpgIs this some error in the repaint, or perhaps FS is interpreting something wrong from the texture file?Now going on the premise that I don't know squat about repainting aircraft, is there a way this can be corrected (meaningmay I ask the assistance of one of you fine folks), or will I have to contact the original author of the repaint? That mightbe very difficult to acheive, for she has dropped off the radar and hasn't been heard from for quite a while. I'd like to keepthis repaint since it's one of the only ones around, but remove the BFU logo from fuselage and tail and fix the transparentarea.Thanks for looking, and I'd appreciate any comments you may have.Alan :(

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

It would be handy to know about the description of the paint ( wich plane ,wich sim and the name of the author of the paint) and the place where you downloaded the paint.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

It would be handy to know about the description of the paint ( wich plane ,wich sim and the name of the author of the paint) and the place where you downloaded the paint.Leen
Hello, Leen!Sorry about that... the plane is the Grumman Widgeon by Joe Blinka (grumman_widgeon.zip).The Repaint is from Heather Sherman, and I'm using FS 2002. A simmer from anothersite downloaded the plane & the repaint, and posted a screenshot on another board. The otherguy is using FS 9 as well. The plane & the repaint are listed on Avsim.Let me know if you have any other questions.Thanks!Alan :(

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Leen,Here's the name of the repaint file:n680bu2.zipAlan

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

OK I checked model and paint are matching.This models uses alpha for gloss and not for transp.I checked the paint and I am sure the paint is not resposible for this strange phenomena.The model has been released for FS9 (2004) and you are a FS8 user(2002)The Goose Widgeon has two hatches ( luggage compartment ) on top of it`s nose.Placing those hatches on both sides ( above waterlevel , a bit to low at this model!!!) is not often seen but not impossible.It might be possible , the modeller made the hatches on both sides and due to the fact the model is for FS9 and you are using it in FS8, causes the problem.In other words hatches missing their texture due to incompatibillity of the model.As I said , I am not sure, it might however be.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen,I had a feeling it had to do with compatability issues. Well, those are the breaks sometimes...I truly appreciate you looking at this issue for me.Thanks!Alan :(

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg