Sign in to follow this  
gorlosky

Position of lever_throttle stick?

In Gmax I have animated a throttle stick, that moves from all the way back to all the way forward (keyframe 0 and keyframe 100). IN FSX, at idle the stick is midway and same on shutdown, it stays at midway. Else it will move all the way forward at full throttle and return to midway on decreasing or shutdown.Did I keyframe this wrong ?(PS: How can a craft be set to engines OFF when first loaded, instead of FSX's default of engines ON ?)

Well maybe it's is just a quirky FSX thing, but the levers are now positions themselves correctly today in FSX. Go figure ....I just read that if your computer system is "stressed" when flying FSX, that certain commands will not function sometimes, like Hoist / Sling drops that have to happen in a very small area exactly when you press the key. Is that true, that there is delays and maybe even no action because of system stress ? Still need an answer to (PS: How can a craft be set to engines OFF when first loaded, instead of FSX's default of engines ON ?)

(PS: How can a craft be set to engines OFF when first loaded, instead of FSX's default of engines ON ?)
It can't. You have to define that ability within your gauge code.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok - can you send me an example of that code and which guage to put it in ?

Actually, there are several ways.The simplest is to have your default flight set for cold-and-dark.The more complex is to have code or script in your gauge system that will set it for cold-and-dark when first loaded. No example can be provided because you haven't indicated whether you are coding your gauge system in C++ or scripting it with XML.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'll go with:The simplest is to have your default flight set for cold-and-dark.Thanks

Did I keyframe this wrong ?
Re. Throttle...Yes the keys are off :( The default FSX throttle uses keyframes 0 to 50 (...not 100)