Sign in to follow this  

Visibility/Haze question with GF4-Ti4200

Guest Anthony_D

Hello Everyone, I've now been playing with fs2004 for over a day and so far so good - except for one question.With visibility set to 10 miles or less, I can descend just about into a haze layer from above and all of a sudden I'm enveloped in haze without warning - except for seeing this milky cloud layer at the boundary from above. The blue sky is gone, the sun is gone. Now my experience of descending into haze in real life is that the blue sky progressively becomes more and more hazy the deeper into the layer I go. From above, the haze layer can be seen as being a bit murky - and milky further away. The sharp horizon would quickly disappear the moment I've dropped into the haze layer. However I've seen some screen shots in this forum of sunshine above (with hazy blue sky) and thick grey mucky haze below which makes me wonder I have a Hardware/Driver issue - or maybe it's just a feature of fs2004. I'd like to post screen shots of what I'm seeing but unfortunately my image editor doesn't have a screenshot feature.I've got the MSI GF4-Ti4200 with 44.03 drivers I just downloaded yesterday. The Direct X Diagnostic Tool says I've got Directx 9.0a but going to my advanced display settings for my graphics card says that my display driver is Directx 8.1.So my question is - is my graphics card Dx9 compliant? If not, will a Dx9 compliant graphics card remedy this? Ideally though, if there's something simple to tweak then that'd be far cheaper for me to do!Any suggestions/observations?My Spec'sAMD Athlon 2100+GF4-Ti4200 64mb 44.03 Drivers80Gb Hard DriveMSI KT3 Ultra 2 Motherboard512MB PC2700 RAMOn Board Dolby 5.1 Sound

Don't rush out to get a new video card.. you do not need DirectX 9 to run FS2004. My guess is that all is fine..However, my ti 4200 graphics card display settings with 44.03 drivers show "Direct 9 or better"..I'd suggest re-installing DirectX and see if that makes any difference..Direct X 9b is also available for download from Microsoft if you feel like downloading..Re screenshots.. go into windowed mode (alt-enter), hit the Print Screen key, and outside FS, paste the clipboard image into any graphics viewer.From there, store as jpg file..

Bert

I also have a GF$ Ti4200 and I'm experiencing the same milky haze layer at the horizon with the 41.09 drivers + DX 9. I seem to only get this effect when using online weather but I'm not super sure about it. I would really like to find a solution! It looks like a smog layer over a polluted city, very visually unappealing.