Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

FS9 local time is wrong

My PC is set correctly to UK time, currently GMT+ 1 hour for Daylight Saving.However, my FS9 consistently has local time at a UK location 1 hour fast. This is still the same after having to do a re-install due to a system crash not related to FS. Does anyone know why this is and what I can change to correct it?I tried a search of this forum but to no avail.Iain Smith

Vaughan,When FS Real Time does it's stuff, do the AI aircraft reset? If I understand correctly the effect of adjusting FS time by FS RT is the same as if I did it manually - and each time adjustment will reset AI.Thanks!Regards,Jure

When FS Real Time does it's stuff, do the AI aircraft reset? If I understand correctly the effect of adjusting FS time by FS RT is the same as if I did it manually - and each time adjustment will reset AI.
It does. Any adjustment does the same.I use FS Time Sync by Tom

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

John,FS Time Sync keep FS time from loosing/gaining time (seconds/minutes).Does it also:Correct the time and date when crossing time zones and International Date Line?Correct and incorrect UTC time?Does it keep track of time when FS is in like 2x 4x sim rate?Does it work in FSX also?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions guys. I've taken John's suggestion and downloaded FS TimeSync. Will install it this evening and let you know how it goes. :( Iain Smith

John,FS Time Sync keep FS time from loosing/gaining time (seconds/minutes).Does it also:Correct the time and date when crossing time zones and International Date Line?Correct and incorrect UTC time?Does it keep track of time when FS is in like 2x 4x sim rate?Does it work in FSX also?
I rather think you know the answers to these questions already.It is best not to use either of these products to continually update the clock if you have AI traffic active, as ATC will keep updating the orders and you may have trouble getting a word in! The option of continual updates is only really beneficial for on-line flying, I gather.If you want all the other gadgets, buy FS Real Time but if you just want what the original poster asked about, you can use use FS Time Sync for free.If you want the timezone adjustments that come with FS Real Time, you can download them for free elsewhere, as Johan_Dees has pointed out already.I haven't a clue if either product works with FSX, and that is irrelevant to this FS2004 forum.John

My PC is set correctly to UK time, currently GMT+ 1 hour for Daylight Saving.However, my FS9 consistently has local time at a UK location 1 hour fast. This is still the same after having to do a re-install due to a system crash not related to FS. Does anyone know why this is and what I can change to correct it?I tried a search of this forum but to no avail.Iain Smith
I have noticed a similar situation on my machine whenever there is a daylight savings time change in the sim. What I do is load up my default flight (position is in my "home" time zone") and save it as "default"...make sure to check the box to allow using as default flight. This overwrites the old default flight. My times then are always correct until the next change to standard time (repeat above). Hope that this helps.gwillmot

John,You said: "I haven't a clue if either product works with FSX".FS Real Time works in FS9 and FSX.

Best Regards,

John,You said: "I haven't a clue if either product works with FSX".FS Real Time works in FS9 and FSX.
See? I thought you already knew the answers to the questions you asked.For the sake of accuracy, I said "I haven't a clue if either product works with FSX, and that is irrelevant to this FS2004 forum."John

John,No, actually, I asked if FS Time Sync worked in FSX.

Best Regards,

I have noticed a similar situation on my machine whenever there is a daylight savings time change in the sim. What I do is load up my default flight (position is in my "home" time zone") and save it as "default"...make sure to check the box to allow using as default flight. This overwrites the old default flight. My times then are always correct until the next change to standard time (repeat above). Hope that this helps.gwillmot
That is interesting gwillmot and you're right, I started noticing this after we went to BST from GMT. I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks.Iain Smith

That is interesting gwillmot and you're right, I started noticing this after we went to BST from GMT. I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks.Iain Smith
Did it work?gwillmot

Did it work?gwillmot
Yes, I tried it last night and was intending to post back today to tell you. It did, so thanks for your help, gwillmot.Iain Smith