Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Heads up on i7-930 at Micro Center- $199.00

Hi everyone!I just picked up a 930 for $199 at Micro Center. The bad news is it can only be purchased at that price in store. There are only a few stores throughout the US. If you are close to one and looking for a new build, then this may be worth the gas. :) That is at least $80 less than any other retailer I was able to find. It is the retail boxed version. http://www.microcenter.com/Bob..

Hi everyone!I just picked up a 930 for $199 at Micro Center. The bad news is it can only be purchased at that price in store. There are only a few stores throughout the US. If you are close to one and looking for a new build, then this may be worth the gas. :) That is at least $80 less than any other retailer I was able to find. It is the retail boxed version. http://www.microcenter.com/Bob..
Hi Bob its a beautiful deal! :D it really sucks that there is no micro centers here in Florida. hopefully they will make one here, so we can get some nice deals.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Agreed, their prices are the best, if you are fortunate to live nearby a store. I had asked in this forum if I should go 930 or 960, and someone suggested getting the 930 at Microcenter and overclocking it. I have it here, just waiting for Newegg to deliver the rest of the components for my new build!

:wave: that would be me ;) I buy all my parts at Micro Center. I don't even bother with Newegg anymore.

So you guys know, there's nothing odd or off about the processors at Microcenter--they're legit retail boxed Intel processors, and they aren't from crummy batches or OEM overstock or the like, either. The store simply sells them at a loss (as a loss leader), and makes up the difference (and then some) on other parts.There are two catches:1.) You have to physically buy it in the store (no online orders).2.) You're limited to one of each processor type.They do this so that you're enticed into the store to buy more stuff, and the limit is there for obvious reasons.Even so, most of their component prices are actually very competitive with some of the major online retailers (e.g. Newegg). Great store if you're lucky enough to live near one...competitive pricing, large selection, and a staff that generally knows what they're selling and talking about (at least relative to other major retailers). I bought most of the components for my last build from Microcenter.