Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Sudden automatic, unwanted view changes!

Since I'm fairly new to FSX (got it approx a month ago), I'm not sure if this is a known issue. I have searched the forums though and haven't found any related post.From time to time my view suddenly changes from VC to spot view without. This happens randomly but I have the subjective impression that sometimes it happens simultaneously with an input into TrckIr input (moving my head) or when pressing a button on my Saitek yoke or stepping on my Saitek rudder pedals. Also I have the feeling it happens more often, when the system has more workload to do.It can be very annoying when on short final I suddenly find myself outside the plane. It's no problem to change the view back to VC, but still... Thanks in advance for your ideas, WolfgangMy specs:OS: XP32 ProS-775 ASUS P5Q, ATX 1, 1 x PCI-E x16, 2x PCI-E x1, 3x PCI, Intel P45/ICH10R, 4x DDR2 667/800/1066/1200Mhz, CPU FSB 800/1066/1333/1600MHz, Core 2 Duo E8400, 2 x 3.00GHz, DDR2-RAM 3 GB PC2-800 MHz, NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, 512 MB GDDR3. Monitor LG 27" Flatron M2762D, resolution 1600 x 900 or 1920 x 1080, AA 16xQ, AF 16x. FPS locked at 25. Saitek Yoke and Rudder, TrackIR4

I see that you have the Saitek yoke and rudder peddals. I have had this same issue and many others have had it I believe, and I fixed it by setting it to 'mode 2' with the mode selector button on the yoke.

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

I see that you have the Saitek yoke and rudder peddals. I have had this same issue and many others have had it I believe, and I fixed it by setting it to 'mode 2' with the mode selector button on the yoke.
Hi Alex,Many thanks for your quick reply! I'll give it a try and set the Saitek yoke to mode 2. I'll let you know if this fexed the problem!Wolfgang

You can also fix this by using FSUIPC. What happens is that especially some Saitek yokes sometimes sends a really really short button press (e.g. the switch view button), even though you did not press anything. In FSUIPC you can configure to ignore such button presses unless they're over a certain threshold, which means it can detect if it's a manual push or a Saitek ghost push.I don't recall what the function is called and I don't have time to look it up at the moment but google or the FSUIPC manual should be able to find it.

It's called controller spike-something, it's under miscellaneous. And don't use any Saitek drivers or calibr. software! Let Windows install it and have fsuipc handle it. There's a tutorial for fsuipc out there by SimSamurai.

Tolip2 and Bjorn, many thanks for your replies and explanations! I think I'll buy FSUIPC. I have it installed for FS9 and its a fantastic utility.Alex, I did some flying yesterday with the Saitek devices set to Mode 2 and did not experience any view changeCheers, Wolfgang

Guest Longyear

A little more (accurate) information on this;It is caused by your Saitek equipment.Registered FSUIPC is required to cure it, but it's not the 'control spikes elimination' option in the FSUIPC options! (this relates to a different issue).You need to Browse to your FS Modules folder and open up the FSUIPC.ini file. (using Notepad).5. Add the following to the [buttons] section...(this MUST be in the Buttons section);EliminateTransients=Yespollinterval=50this prevents your views changing and other 'phantom' commands from the Saitek equipment.Regards,

A little more (accurate) information on this;It is caused by your Saitek equipment.Registered FSUIPC is required to cure it, but it's not the 'control spikes elimination' option in the FSUIPC options! (this relates to a different issue).You need to Browse to your FS Modules folder and open up the FSUIPC.ini file. (using Notepad).5. Add the following to the [buttons] section...(this MUST be in the Buttons section);EliminateTransients=Yespollinterval=50this prevents your views changing and other 'phantom' commands from the Saitek equipment.Regards,
Thank you for the advice!

I was able to cure the problem by deleting all button/key joystick assignments for my yoke and pedals. I then went back and added the commands again for the buttons I desired and the problem went away for me. And I even installed the Saitek drivers. (The default Windows driver for the yoke does not get the system time for the digital clock and causes the timer function to go way too fast. That is the only reason I got the Saitek driver.)Scott

Hello, i'm heaving this problem with both my ms sidewinder and my brand new Hotas x stick in fs9 with fsuipc 3.999 installed. Tried all suggestions mentioned above with no result.

any suggestions?