Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Can't keep a good 172 down...

Using default 172...Last nite I decided to forgo some of the eye candy on my somewhat marginal system (Dell Optiplex 330, which is a Core 2 duo 2.2 ghz) and generally turned things down to get a smooth frame rate, which for me on that is about 20.Anyway, just doing some patterns, I found I couldn't even get close to hitting my numbers... an upon closer inspection, found that after I throttled down in the pattern, I was maintaining a climb of 200-300 fpm even with the nose down 5 degrees....?!? I did not really begin to lose altitude until I throttled back to about 1500 RPM, which, for what it's worth, was 1800 in my rw 172 training.I never noticed this behavior when I had more details set but only 10-15 fps.Any thoughts?Also - bonus question - I cannot seem to get my dash looking high-res again... I turned it down, but have turned it back up - the panel (not gauges) are looking pretty bad!thanks,Andrew

Also - bonus question - I cannot seem to get my dash looking high-res again... I turned it down, but have turned it back up - the panel (not gauges) are looking pretty bad!thanks,Andrew
Alt-Options-Settings-Display-Aircraft-High resolution cockpit ?Along with global texture resolution =very high in -Graphics

Bert

You might check to see if Texture_Max_Load got changed back to 1024 if you had it 4096 in fsx.cfg.Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Try Alexander Metzger's FDE files:http://www.metzgergva.de/site/index.php?op...=39〈=en

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |