Sign in to follow this  
b738pilot

Runway closed for landings, AI aircraft landing...

Hi,This is, let's say, continuation of the topic I started a few days ago, however I don't think that someone would view the old one, so I started the new one :)I closed both sides of the runway 15R/33L and 15L/33R for landings and still the AI aicraft are landing at the runway... Is there a way to solve it?

Hi,This is, let's say, continuation of the topic I started a few days ago, however I don't think that someone would view the old one, so I started the new one :)I closed both sides of the runway 15R/33L and 15L/33R for landings and still the AI aicraft are landing at the runway... Is there a way to solve it?
I assume you have an airport with two parallel runways 15R/33L and 15L/33R and you want to restrict the AI to use one for takeoff and one for landing..? (I didn't see your other post)If you wanted, for example, 15R/33L for takeoff only and 15L/33R for landing only then that would almost certainly work by closing both ends of one for takeoff and closing the other two ends for landing.If you wanted instead to have takeoff only from 15R or 33R and landings only onto 15L or 33L, then you might not be able to achieve it in some circumstances...If the AI would have to cross the 'deactivated' runway in order to reach the other one, or if the distance to the chosen runway is much further, the AI engine can ignore your settings. Also, if you close one end of a runway for landing but leave the other end open, the AI engine may well ignore the closure. In order to be sure that a closure will be honoured, it must be the same at both ends of that runway - that's why I said my 1st example would certainly work.Now, in some cases (EGLL is a good example) where the airport sits in between the runways, this settings will usually work. However, in other places (in my experience ESSA, EFHK, EKCH), in order to have the correct runway usage you will need to have two AFCAD files which you swap over manually before starting the sim, in order to have the right runways for the current wind direction... Finally, if you close off too many options, the AI engine is likely to either ignore the settings or start to act really strangely (for example I tried to get EKCH 4R/22L for landing / 4L/22 takeoff and AI only used 22R in any wind condition!) ...There is plenty of active discussion on this and related subjects over at the alpha-india group forums: http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?board=90.0Cheers,Geoff

Sooooorry I forgot to write that I am writing about Barajas airport....The runway config for southerly winds - 18R/L for landing and 15R/L for take-off. As far as AFCAD is concerned, everything seems fine. The atc commands aircraft to take-off from 15R/L but it allows landing at these runways as well. I use two AFCAD files, for northerly and southerly winds and in the latter config, in AFCAD runways 15R/L are closed for landings (both ends of each runway are closed)...

Hi,Just to be sure, you only have one AF2 file in the scenery folder, right?

Hi,Just to be sure, you only have one AF2 file in the scenery folder, right?
Generally, there are two afcad files. I am using the Mega Airport Barajas and here's the thing:There is an utility to choose the afcad file. I can choose from southern and northern configuration and depending which one I choose the utility changes one of the afcad files to *.bgx. So there is always only one 'active' afcad file with the extension *.bgl. But maybe the FS reads both of them??

Generally, there are two afcad files. I am using the Mega Airport Barajas and here's the thing:There is an utility to choose the afcad file. I can choose from southern and northern configuration and depending which one I choose the utility changes one of the afcad files to *.bgx. So there is always only one 'active' afcad file with the extension *.bgl. But maybe the FS reads both of them??
You have to change the afcad outside the sim before it is running!vololiberista

I just did a quick test with the winds blowing from 160 at 16 in the south configuration Afcad.AI took off from 15R, being close to the Terminal areas and landed on 18L. I observed no landings on either of the 15s.I suspect there are conflicting afcad files in your case. FS won't read the .bgx extension for sure but try doing the north/south configuration manually. And re-check the runway assignments in those AF2 files, just in case.I'm not running the same scenery as you but it should work at your end too. :(

You have to change the afcad outside the sim before it is running!vololiberista
Of course yes, I did so :)

Of course yes, I did so :)
Maybe the problem lies in some scenery.cfg file, where landings at 15s are coded or something like this?I have also New Spanish Aiports installed, which contains Madrid Barajas, but I had deleted this particular area from the scenery library in FS and deleted folders containing this airport, before installing Mega Airport Barajas X.

I checked, there are only two AFCAD files for LEMD at my computer, norte and sud, and only one is active at one time. I made screenshots of a traffic landing at 15R, I think I've done everything to change it and nothing is working...

It might be the way your runways are tied that is causing the problem.Here is mine:

OK,How about the ATIS message, does it say that runways 18L and 18R are in use?This is odd, if I'm able to get it to work so should you. I don't think there is any hardcoding in the AES scenery.Does it work in the north configuration?

OK,How about the ATIS message, does it say that runways 18L and 18R are in use?This is odd, if I'm able to get it to work so should you. I don't think there is any hardcoding in the AES scenery.Does it work in the north configuration?
Yep, 18L and 18R are in use, aircraft are landing at those runways and ATIS says they're in use.The north config works perfectly :)Maybe it is important to add that I am also using New Spanish Airports add-on, which contains Madrid Barajas. There was a not-up-to-date scenery of Barajas with only two runways so I additionally installed a freeware Madrid Gran Barajas (LEMDGB) add-on from avsim, which added the runways and terminals to aerosoft scenery.Before installing Mega Airport Barajas X I uninstalled LEMDGB and, not wanting to uninstall whole New Spanish Airports, I deleted Barajas scenery from the scenery library in FS and Barajas folders from New Spanish Airports directory.Maybe there is still some .bgl file from one of the previous sceneries that allows traffic to land at 15R ?