Sign in to follow this  
djnattyd

Meteorites & invisible collisions?

Hey, been a while since i last posted here, but i figured that this was the best place to pose two questions.So... Question number 1) Does FSX have meteorites simulated? I was in-flight over Denmark and happened to see two white "somethings" flash by the cockpit, this happened so quick that i wasn't able to hit the "print screen" button before they'd vanished. At first i thought it may have been an AI aircraft and i simply wasn't paying proper attention (combination of random TV program and a conversation) but ATC never warned me and a quick external check revealed nothing.And on two question 2)How big is the collision detection box around fuel pumps? Touched down in Skvasta, it was a sloppy landing but i've just started using the Xbox pad and haven't got used to the sensitivity yet after flying with the keyboard and mouse for over a year, but anyway... Pulled off the active, ATC gave me directions to a gate to the left of the pump, at least a full gate away. Pulled in nice and slow and then "BOOM", the dreaded reset... As you can imagine, i was rather miffed. Moreso when i read the FSPX report that i'd collided with an object at a speed of 2kts and killed 7 people, injured 11 others and written off my brand new A321 (strangely, the flight crew miraculously escaped unharmed :( ). So, do i have a odd error somewhere, or is this just an example of FSX randomness similar to having a fuel truck/baggage cart drive headlong into an engine?

I have seen meteors in FSX. As for the collision, I fly with crash detection off to avoid annoying "crashes" like that.

Guest alex_m

I have also seen a meteorite. Goes by real quick!

I have seen meteors in FSX. As for the collision, I fly with crash detection off to avoid annoying "crashes" like that.
Thanks, i thought i'd started seeing things :( As for the crash detection, i normally fly with it off as well, but FSPassengers turns it back on as default and i guess i just forgot.
Is this random event? I've never seen meteorites or northern lights.. :(
I guess so, i've just done the return leg and saw nothing. Admittedly it was daytime, but i've never seen them before, even on a long haul across the Atlantic. As for the northen lights, still waiting to view those :(

Is this random event? I've never seen meteorites or northern lights.. :(
But you have seen the ufo races? With the pink/green striped cylinderical objects that race each other through the night sky? :(

But you have seen the ufo races? With the pink/green striped cylinderical objects that race each other through the night sky? :(
oh yeaaahh (burp) 'speshally after a few t-t-too m-many! (burp).... :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I can vouch for the metorites. Im not sure about Skavsta though I fly into there alot its a local airport for me and haven't had any problems. be careful though with FSPX it sets almost everything on high with realism and just a fart can cause a crash.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Yep, I too can vouch for the meteorites. I've seen them a couple of times now.

Regards,

Freddy

Yep, I too can vouch for the meteorites. I've seen them a couple of times now.
I obviously have to start drinking more while I fly, I have never seen any ufo's of metorites. Darn.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3