Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Nvidia Driver and FS2004

I'd like to inform you guys that I have full screen problems running an ATI RAdeon 9800Pro (3 different drivers), window mode works fine, but full screen distort the texts and I get black flashes when loading/opening menus...Ulisses

Guest JonP01

>I'm still surprised that>this was not caught, or at least documented in the MS>knowledgebase acticle that lists countless other video card>dependencies for FS9..I have to agree. I am more surprised that it appears not to have been resolved prior to release than I am the fact that the problem exists in the first place. I would be extremely surprised if the beta testers did not pick it up, as part of their job is supposed to be playing around with all the settings and video card settings and to report problems. As I am sure at least some, if not all of them did this, so I can only conclude that the problem was in fact known prior to the release and that MS anticipated that Nvidia (and I guess Ati for their problems) would come to the party with a fix.To be honest, the reported work-arounds would drive me up the wall in short order. But at least I am now prepared for these problems. I'm glad at least for the time being that I haven't sold FS2002, as I might end up using this for a while yet until I can play around a lot more with drivers. In my own case, I have been using the 42.30 driver with great success ever since it came out (I think I must have set a personal record for the amount of time I've used one driver). So if I have to go playing around with new drivers, it's just not FS2004 I have to get working properly. I have to check that my other programs don't have any issues with another driver, and this is easier said than done. It all takes (a lot) of time.

Hello!Yes, I've read about the 9800 Pro issues in FS2004 as well. That's why I decided not to benchmark my Radeon 9800 Pro in FS2004, but instead am using my FX5900 Ultra card. What's common in both issues that affect NVidia and ATI cards is the full-screen mode in FS. Either the drivers, DX9, or directdraw have issues in full-screen mode (window mode in FS is fine, as far as I have seen and confirmed from others).I recall having a similar issue with FS2002 using my GF3 and some NVidia driver. But now it has been too long (and its too early in the a.m.) for me to remember the details. Ah well, I've been enjoying FS2004 a lot this past weekend!Cheers!Cloud9

Guest khalpay

I have similar problems and want to correct my PC too.I am not very familiar with the short cuts of :2xAA4xAF Can you furnish me and let me fly properlyrgdsHasan

Hasan what card do you have and what driver release is currently installed? With that info we should be able to give you some advice.For example: Ti4600, driver release 43.51(Look in the properties tab for your display adapter)Also, what processor, speed, memory and operating system.

Bert

My guess is that you will not have this problem.. the 30.82 drivers do not have it either.. only the 4x.xx drivers.

Bert

Guest khalpay

Thank you prompt help.Actually for FS2K4 I will entirely built up a new PC and my old one ( built in FS2002 ) will pass to my son.I can get any available graphic card from the turkish market, for example nvidia series Geforce4 Ti 4600 , which I am nowadys mostly concentrated on it.What do you think ?the new PC will be enough powerfull like : P4 2,6 - 3.0 Ghz DDR 512 but for me graphic card is important because I run 2 monitors ( 19'' and 17'' ) Therefore I should not make mistake !!!I follow up those forums Fs2K4 semms will give some headache but I could not yet get any proper reply in this issue ..Can you show me the way out pls ...all my besthasan

I have no personal experience with multi-monitor support, so I will defer to others for an opinion. Have a look at the PC hardware forum on this site! I believe the Ti 4600 will do just fine.. the display settings for the card allow you to select Anti-aliasing (AA) and Anisotropic Filtering (AF) that will improve the appearance of the scenery, at the cost of a bit of performance. A good balance for FS seems to be 2xAA and 4xAF.Others will no doubt recommend the ATI 9500 or 9700 as superior cards, but I have no idea about multi-monitor support.. be sure to check that out before buying!

Bert

Guest khalpay

I hv finally just get the new card eVGA Nvidia FX5600 ULTRA 128 DDRNot happy at all !!PC is really is powerfull one and Sliders are almost at medium level except the " Wheather "Driver is Nvidia 45.23 ..I heard there is Detonator 51.75 ..I do not have any idea for detanator..Pls help what is good to do ??RgdsHasan

Guest bjjones

>I heard there is Detonator 51.75 ..Indeed there is, and there has been for quite a while, they've not been too popular though becuase a lot of people have been speculating that they reduce image quality in order to improve FPS, for anyone who wants to give them ago there here http://www.3dchipset.com/drivers/beta/nvidia/nt5/5175.php

Guest khalpay

Thanks fyr prompt replyCan you direct me to any source where I can communicate with some users of Detanator Drivers ..I want to be sure before I uninstall Nvidia 45.23 !!Best RegardsHasan - LTBA

Guest nitram

Just a quick note, ensure that you have an up to date Motherboard Bios. Some of the Bios do not accept 3.0 AGP. I have a Gigabyte GA7-AXP Ultra KT400 8X AGP Motherboard and a Nvidia 4200ti 128MB 8X AGP videocard. The Gigabyte Bios had a small update bios called F3b which was a specific fix for Nvidia videocard problems. This has been put right in F6.Just remember that the problem may lie with your Motherboard and not your videocard, so check for Bios updates there too.Regards Nitram

Today I installed the new nVidia Detonator 45.23, after uninstalling the previous driver (43.45). I used RIP to clean all the remains of the older driver.I have limited my framerate to 30 fps, and have chosen the following settings in FS9: Render to texture, Transf & lighting, AA, bilinear filtering.The Global scenary is at "Medium High", HW rendered lights=6, Scenary complexity "Dense".I have set the driver to AA and filtering "application controlled", and performance="Quality".I made the test at Seattle-Tacoma, at 12:00, Fall, default weather, with the default 737 (without OH panel). I have got the following results:2D cockpit, on the runway: ~25fpsspot view, several angles, on the rwy: ~25fps2D cockpit, flying at 2500': 24-28fps3D cockpit (several angles), flying at 2500': 30+fpsspot view (several angles), flying at 2500': 28-30fpsILS Landing (same rwy): 18-22fpsI would like to have opinions from experienced users about the results I have obtained: are they reasonable for the HW I have? Is it possible to improve the performance?P.S.: I have followed the advise I read in one of the threads and have compressed the FS9 directory. I am not sure about any improvement, but at least I got the same results (possibly 1 or 2 more fps in some conditions).