Sign in to follow this  

Updating FS2004 Clouds in Gmax?

HiFirstly, I don't think FS2004 needs it's clouds updating just yet lol, but i'm thinking back on how MS created these clouds.For those of you who d/l a video from MS, showing how they made the clouds using the 3DMAX program (a professional version of gmax), it's got me thinking, will MS allow the 3rd party to create their own clouds in programs such as Gmax?The weather system is much more different in FS2004, and people like Chris, of FSW might have to learn a different technique if they wish to continue making new clouds with FS2004 gmax.Being a gmax designer myself, it would be interesting if this actually happens.Will

Guest jase439

Someone clever will figure it out I'm certain. Would not surprise me in the least to see Mr. Willis spearheading that effort considering he did the same for FS2002 in making the clouds 10x faster and 10x better looking :)The only downside to each new FS release is that I'm having to dig deeper and deeper into the pocket book. I hope FSW continues the spirit of freeware. I may actually have to line-item the flight sim hobby in my personal budget :-lol The wife should love that.

Guest brad_s

Do it on th QT. It doesn't work when I write a check and the wife enters it into Quicken!!!!

Hi, I have already start working with new weather complete weather environment fs sky world 2004 from a while ago much more detailed than default.,weather themes/ others environment/ fix some ms default.The gmax things is a basic things, the hard works remains like previous versionCheers!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hey great stuff Chris, I wish you the best of luck with it.I've heard over the last few days that MS have made some "148 weather environments" ?.. is this true, because where can I find them?Thanks