Sign in to follow this  

2004 vs. Radar Contact

Hi,I didn't know what forum to put this in, however I think it more tied to FS2004 than with Radar Contact.....Here's my challenge; When I minimize FS2004 to start Radar contact, the minimized FS2004 goes blank, after I try to maximize it after starting Radar Contact. Anybody have any idea what happening or how I can solve it?Your help is much appreciated!!Paul

There i a discussion on this issue over at the rc forum. One of our beta testers was having this problem as well. Not sure what he did to fix it as I did nto have the problem.Keith

Guest ScottPilot

I have this same problem with switching to activate the Active Sky program. I also had this problem with FS2002 and I am 90% sure it is a video driver issue.A solution that I found with FS2004 (doesn't work with FS2002) is to use the key combination to switch between FS2004 and other programs that you need to access.So far it has worked for me. I am also a Radar Contact user in FS2002, but I havn't tried to use it with FS2004 yet. But maybe using the combination over switching to "windowed" mode will also work with Radar Contact and FS2004.One final note, if you are using multiple monitors, be sure you go to windowed mode to undock your radios, ect. first, then go back to full-screen mode and use the key combination from that point to access Radar Contact or your other programs. Be sure to use the combination to get back into FS2004, clicking on the minimzed bar on the task bar will just give you the black screen again.I know this is kind of tedious, be for now it has worked for me.Scott :-)ATP/CFII - KCOS

I have found that if I start FS2004 and set up the flight in the setup screen , then minimize FS2004 while still in the setup screen, I can start FSMeteo or any other program and still get back to FS2004. After all the programs are running I then press the "Go Fly" icon and everything works well.

Hi!I don't use RC or Fs Meteo, nor do I have FS2004 yet, but I was wondering if it could be related to FSUIPC?Just a thought.Jon