Sign in to follow this  
Guest emergency_pants

flippin' excellent!

Guest emergency_pants

Well.. seen some posts that are knocking FS9 and so I thought I'd just post this little note to say I think FS9 is bloody excellent!!!!!! I spent several hours last night just flying some circuits and messin' about and I have to say, it runs beautifully and looks great. I haven't even flown a full-blown flight plan yet, I was having so much fun just flying the new planes and messing with the new cockpits, etc. The improvements over FS2002 really show. A few extra payware planes, FSNavigator, UK2000 scenery, VFR scenery and LAGO Mesh installations and it'll be perfect.Couldn't ask for more. Happy fella here :) :) :)Si.

Guest wycliffe1

Hi ThereLike you I thought FS2004 was excellent but let me tell you as soon as you put the excellent VFR UK Scenery on it will all change. I have a couple of problems with it. Maybe my PC is underpowered I don't know. But when I had VFR on 2002 it was perfect. I'm almost considering taking fs2004 off and putting 2002 back on. Which is shame cos the clouds alone in 2004 make it worth the cash.Let me know how you get on.

*Well.. seen some posts that are knocking FS9*Which is probably why you have only got two replies so far. Try saying how terrible it is and that Big Bad Bill ought to be :-hang for selling such crud for $50 and you will be famous :-lolPersonally, I couldn't agree with you more. It's a terrific piece of software.David

VFR UK Scenery runs OK with FS9 for me so I guess you may have to be looking at your system, but you don't say what your problems are or what your system specs are.David

Guest hoohah

Yep, I love FS9 too. It runs much better on my system than did FS8.I ripped FS8 off my drive when after about 2 weeks it bacame clear that I wasn't going to use it any more. Sure it took some tweaking; but I've been thru much, much worse with FS2k, FS8, and Fly! II.People that bee-atch about FS9 did the same thing with FS8. They'll complain about how much better FS9 is over FSX when the time comes - they don't really "fly" in the sim and/or they are complete mo-tards.50 fps is no better than 20 fps - end of story...

Guest ssurjap

I'm happy with it. I love all the new scenery (see my other posts :)).

Guest tascaso

I like to follow the threads and complaints about FS9. I have a lot of disc space so I have both FS2002 and FS9 running. I will do this for quite awhile. I still cannot comprehend why we still struggle with frame rate issues with FS period! I love the product. I now have FS2002 running smoothly with all complex aircraft ... after how many years! FS9 however is another matter. Yes its fun to do a scud run in Alaska with a Cessna. I think this is FS9's strength. Its weakness however is in the complex aircraft arena. PMDG's products runs great in FS2002, however in FS9 it is slogging along.I am not providing all the gory details about the pc's I am running FS9 on! Suffice to say that I have tweaked and prodded since day one of its release. Last night I did some additional tweaking and I am done with it. It will chug along at an average Frame Rate of 15-18. On my hot rig 20 or so! I love FS9 it is beautiful...but it is far from being a tidy piece of code. When I compare to the other programs I run and their framerates it is definately a PIG! But I still love it. I will now fly it to death!Tony

"People that bee-atch about FS9 did the same thing with FS8. They'll complain about how much better FS9 is over FSX when the time comes - they don't really "fly" in the sim and/or they are complete mo-tards."What baloney! Some of the folks who've posted issues have been staunch FS8 supporters--and I dare say they fly more often than you do, because I've seen 'em here more often than you. I have a fairly pleasant experience with FS9.... Why? I'm a realist--I don't have the system for fancy things with it, and I've set it up that way. But I respect the opinion of some who've seen and posted legit issues, like that with Autogen and Overcast.OTH, I posted a workable solution to the overcast issue over the weekend, and hardly got a response. So on one point you're right--the few folks who offered their support of that thread weren't the ones most vocal about the issue.What it comes down to is to be respected in the forums, don't jump on a "bash the whiners" bandwagon. Your valid point was hidden in my visceral reaction to your generalization about those with FS9 issues.-John

*I still cannot comprehend why we still struggle with frame rate issues with FS*Because some people are obsessed with them, that's why.There is only one patch which MS need and ought to do and that is kill off the Shift-Z function.David

Guest LLgaz

I too am enjoying FS9. I have removed FS2002 from my hard drive and the CDS will enter my cabinet and take thier rightful place with the other version's CDs since FS5.I also had the problems when I first purchased FS9. But I for one will not bash people that post their problems and ask for solutions because its answers to those problems and suggestions that has made my FS9 experience all that much better.However the main reason why I am enjoying FS9 is because I finally woke up and decided what I wanted most out of Flight Simulation. I decided that I was a member of the set that wanted realistic flight dynamics, and as much functionality in my panels as possible. On an average flight (for me average is KMIA to KEWR) I will go to an outside view about 3 times for the flight. That is an average. Therefore eyecandy and beauty in scenery is not that important to me. Having decided that, I was able to turn some sliders down a bit and get the FPS I needed to do a smooth approach and landing which is the most enjoyable part of flying for me. I realised that you can't have all sliders turned all the way up and still expect great performance....even if you stole a computer from NASA. You have to give and take. And the only way to do that is to decide what it is you want. Either you love eyecandy or you love simulation. Based on your machine you may not be able to have both.If you love eyecandy, then be prepared to take a little FPS hit. If you love simulation, then you should be all right.My system: Athlon XP2200+ with a Ti4600 on 44.03 drivers and Asus A7v333 mother board.To those of you having problems, do a search on the forums and try some of the suggesions.

"There is only one patch which MS need and ought to do and that is kill off the Shift-Z function."How right you are.... I think ppl get hypnotized by it, and it can ruin many a good flight. I like using shift/z for one reason--a quick readout of the aircraft's vitals... The fps counter I could do without.~John

Guest RichD

Yep runs great, looks great, what else is there to say.Richard

Guest rob_banzai

Don't feed the troll. He's not trying to add anything intelligent to the thread, he just wants to annoy people. Don't let him win.