Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

FSPlanet Library - Part Deux

Tom thank you for your support for all who give their hard work so that others may enjoy it. We are all in your debt Sir! It's sad thatwe may have to employ things like watermarking our work and hireinglegal types to ensure that our eula's have all the I's dotted and the T's crossed. I feel both profoundly sad that the above happendsand yet I am happy that you (and by extention Avsim) are truly on our side. Dan.http://members.rogers.com/klasik2/danlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Dan, never have we not been... on your side that is. It angers me no end to see what has transpired over there and I personally had thought that Ferdy would have learned his lesson with the spyware fiasco. Apparently, I was wrong.

Same lines that Ferdy send for me. So he send same answer to everyone, he don't even bother make real answer, just copy and paste

Guest cornclose

Thanks Tom......for bringing this to our attention.At least one of my files is on VOLFTP, I just downloaded it. Yet this is part of my license agreement which (thankfully) is still there with the download :-"You may not distribute the original archive/setup utility of the program(s) to anyone else, any Bulletin Board System or any web-site unless EXPRESS PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR is granted. You may not sell, lease, rent, or include this program or its original archive by any media without EXPRESS PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR. You are not required to pay for this program in any way, shape or form, but you are not licensed to distribute this program or its original archive for any financial gain."...well, I did NOT upload my file there, so whoever did is in direct breach of my license terms without going any step further. It really does make me puke. And it makes me want to pull the plug on all my freeware stuff. In fact, I have been considering pulling the plug on my personal website because I really can't be arsed with this type of thing any more....Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

>>"AVSIM has shut off the node range that we know Ferdy uses to get Internet Access."This will mean that my future releases will be in Avsim. In my own site I will only give information of released stuff and how to find it. Tom, is it possible that you send for me range of IP's that Ferdy uses so we could block him away from FSNordic.net?

Guest rogue1

Probably not a great idea for Tom to send anything to Nels unsolicited regarding this. There is too much opportunity for a flame war to start. I'm sure that Nels or someone else from fs.com is following these threads and will contact Tom for the information in due course.And just think I was cleaning out my favorites last night and removed fsplanet.com. Then I find these threads. What a coincidence.Jim

Guest David Slavens

If I find one of my F-8 repaints on his site. I am calling in an air strike. Then I am going to kick him right square in the butt. LOL

Hi Tom/AVSIM Staff, Thanks for all the hard work and dedication over the past few years. Thanks for booting this joker. I have a question tho ... I have this file, decss.zip. Maybe we could pass it along to Ferdy so he could distribute it? =)Thanks, marcoSept 13 2002 @ Reno: Debut of '95 Accord running MSFS 2k2

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

At least at fs.com they remove the file when you ask them to!Last time I visited fs.com was about a year ago...About 3 weeks back I was informed that my LGAV2002 scenery was in fs.com! But I NEVER uploaded it there!!! After a quick search I found out that it was on FSplanet.com as well and also got 5 stars!I didn't even KNEW that fsplanel.com existed, further more uploading there!!!Anyway, to keep the story short, I emailed the webmaster of flightsim.com and asked for my file to be removed.Nels personally responded with his excuses (which I replied back), but the bottomline is that my file was removed within hours from my original email.If nothing else, at least I give them credit that they DO respect the author's wishes.The reasons that I did not want my file(s) on fs.com are obvious and already mentioned in this and another thread.Hmmm.. I think I will start watermarking my thumbnail files with the AVSIM logo. This way I will know if they get stealed!Fly safe, and nail them hard!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

FS Nordic will also check the possibility of blocking FS Planet from our library.. Just in case.btw. FS Nordic also adds files to its library from other major sites, as our file library upload count is still a very small - but we always check the copyrights before self uploading it. And of course remove file if author asks so.. And we don't charge for the downloads like FSPlanet.. So, it's safe to upload your work to us - www.fsnordic.net/files/upload/ ;)Sami PuroFS Nordichttp://www.fsnordic.net/>:-)

Guest GalacticCowboy

Something else to think about: What about the site advertisers? I noticed that both eDimensional and Lago are sponsors of the site with prominent banners. Maybe someone should contact them and explain what is going on... I doubt they would be happy to be associated with a site that actively promotes piracy. Hit 'em in the wallet! :D

Look what I found on FSPlanet "Privacy Statement" page! Printed in Big Bold Red Print:It's COMPLETELY FORBIDDEN to take any image or file using direct links from FSPLANET.COM / VOLFTP.MONDADORI.COM servers to other sites in any case. We noticed other sites are using our images and file links from our servers damaging our download speed and increasing our transfer costs. We will take international legal procedures to all those who takes images/files for personal pages. If you see any site using our images(FSPLANET.COM)/files(VOLFTP.MONDADORI.COM), contact with me immediatly: ferdy@fsplanet.com You gotta admit he has some really "big'uns" :-lolhttp://members.cox.net/pstepanoff/images/OK_c2.gifPete S