Sign in to follow this  
bojote

bojote's fsx.cfg file

Guest 413X3

I will try lowering the other and leave cpu core the same, and see how stable it is. Now off to enjoy fsx and newly installed ultimate traffic 2!! Finally some smooth frames

I will try lowering the other and leave cpu core the same, and see how stable it is. Now off to enjoy fsx and newly installed ultimate traffic 2!! Finally some smooth frames
Yeah, I am done tweaking for now. I am just enjoying flying.

******* found the cfg settings that actually control what it does by default. Check the AA box and set the filtering dropdown to anisotropic and you're good to go. Looks as good as the old forced method ever did and I'm not dropping below 40FPS using RejectThreshold=102400.
Ryan, were are you putting the RejectThreshold=102400 in the cfg? Can you use this command without the BufferPool command? Also (sorry to be a pain) but can you explain what the RejectThreshold=102400 command does?*******,I asked in another thread but in case you dont see it, can you post again please the cfg settings that control the AA within FSX? Thank you

Eric 

Ryan, were are you putting the RejectThreshold=102400 in the cfg? Can you use this command without the BufferPool command? Also (sorry to be a pain) but can you explain what the RejectThreshold=102400 command does?*******,I asked in another thread but in case you dont see it, can you post again please the cfg settings that control the AA within FSX? Thank you
example:[bufferPools]UsePools=1PoolSize=210000000RejectThreshold=102400

Guest lemor

Hi there, writing from PortugalExcellent work ******* !!!But there are 2 settings that are not clear to me:1)STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=1024 // Valid values are 5-1024On other topics we see that line:STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647What is the right one ?2) The line ForceFullScreenVSync=False is in [Display] section. Should not it be in the [GRAPHICS] section like ForceFullScreenVSync=1 ?Best regards

Did you try a search?
I did... For some reason i didn't connect up with the explanation thread

RIch

ATP CFII

Thank you for these new tweaks Bojote. I have applied these with much success and have my FSX running better than ever. Does this now mean (with the new tweaks) that the long standing axiom that the 8800GT 512 (im using a 8800gts) or similar cards were still getting as good of not better FPS than say a GTX-285? I have read so much about how there is no point in upgrading to a 285 from an 8800gts that i'm still very gun shy about doing. Remember this benchmark? http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-...ndx876,784.htmlAt any rate thanks for all your hard work!

Guest AvioPyric

bojote Your tweak is best of tweak ever. I can fly at YSSY in ORBX AU with ultra high setting all at 20-23 FPS . In complex scenery , It doesn't has problem . BUT in simple scenery with minimal autogen like VTBD ( Bangkok ,Thailand default FSX or megascenery Hawaii ) when turn May appear nvidia driver crash and have scatter random colour spot on monitor . In this state , PC still work , no BSoD . I try many way I can . At last , when using DirectX10 mode can solve this problem . And Framerate drop 1-3 , Amazing , But I don't understand WHY...???Thank.

bojote Your tweak is best of tweak ever. I can fly at YSSY in ORBX AU with ultra high setting all at 20-23 FPS . In complex scenery , It doesn't has problem . BUT in simple scenery with minimal autogen like VTBD ( Bangkok ,Thailand default FSX or megascenery Hawaii ) when turn May appear nvidia driver crash and have scatter random colour spot on monitor . In this state , PC still work , no BSoD . I try many way I can . At last , when using DirectX10 mode can solve this problem . And Framerate drop 1-3 , Amazing , But I don't understand WHY...???Thank.
Are you, by any chance using a mesh resolution of 1m?

Guest AvioPyric

Hi bojote Thank for your respond. I try all step all slider and lower setting more driver crash . I try something and just work . I set ground scenery ON in DX9 , problem was solved too. and lose 2 - 5 Framerate but still smooth.I go back to BP=0 conclusion topic http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=281538 . I assume that simple scenery cpu complete task cycle rapidly then throw many processto VGA card . I notice if BP=0 and set unlimit FPS , any scenery that FPS excess over 100 FPS induce to driver stop working . But if set max FPS at 100 , FSX has stutter and FPS 8-15 inKJFK default . By set ground scenery ON or use DX10 is the way to slow CPU process and decrease GPU overload because these setting are CPU killer in the past.Maybe more power graphic card can help , I think GTX480 era is coming.Thank

Hi bojote Thank for your respond. I try all step all slider and lower setting more driver crash . I try something and just work . I set ground scenery ON in DX9 , problem was solved too. and lose 2 - 5 Framerate but still smooth.I go back to BP=0 conclusion topic http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=281538 . I assume that simple scenery cpu complete task cycle rapidly then throw many processto VGA card . I notice if BP=0 and set unlimit FPS , any scenery that FPS excess over 100 FPS induce to driver stop working . But if set max FPS at 100 , FSX has stutter and FPS 8-15 inKJFK default . By set ground scenery ON or use DX10 is the way to slow CPU process and decrease GPU overload because these setting are CPU killer in the past.Maybe more power graphic card can help , I think GTX480 era is coming.Thank
In my experience, limiting the frame rate prevents my GTX 275 from glitching with BP=0. With the external limiter, it maintains 30 fps in the air and 20-30 fps on the ground at busy airports.

Thank you for these new tweaks Bojote. I have applied these with much success and have my FSX running better than ever. Does this now mean (with the new tweaks) that the long standing axiom that the 8800GT 512 (im using a 8800gts) or similar cards were still getting as good of not better FPS than say a GTX-285? I have read so much about how there is no point in upgrading to a 285 from an 8800gts that i'm still very gun shy about doing. Remember this benchmark? http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-...ndx876,784.htmlAt any rate thanks for all your hard work!
I wouldn't put much weight on that review.

Guest AvioPyric

Hi In my setting when set FPS Unlimit , actual gameplay get 25-30 FPS at KJFK max setting no stutter , no lag . But Set limit FPS at 30 I get 18-20 FPS with minimal stutter.I don't know WHY. And External limiter not sastified for me , Because I get 15-20 FPS at same location above with more stutter . Now I know that not all tweak for all system . Just try and use some tweakthat you happy . ( you can read many post say this way )Sir.

In my experience, limiting the frame rate prevents my GTX 275 from glitching with BP=0. With the external limiter, it maintains 30 fps in the air and 20-30 fps on the ground at busy airports.

Guest Hondabuff

Thanks again bjote for your FSX config file. I just copied and pasted over my old one once I saved it and cant get over the performance gain. I'am running framelock at 45 in FSX and am loving it. Also using Nhancer 2.5.7 from nicks guide but have Prerender limit set to 5. My GTX285 Classified running at 750mhz core probably has lots to due with it. I noticed the GPU usage increased, including the temp it runs at. Normally it runs at 51-55*C and now runs around 65*C on the GPU. I just increased the fan speed to 65% and all is well again. Excellent post!!!!

I wouldn't put much weight on that review.
Yes, it is quite old and doesn't include the latest gen cards. But the question for me remains, is it worth the money going to a GTX-285 from a 8800GTS 640 ? (Right now im doing pretty well FPS wise, but just need a little bit more) to get my sliders as ******* recommends. The GTX-285 is roughly $350-360 ATM.