Sign in to follow this  
bojote

bojote's fsx.cfg file

Now if he could just find the magic 'piece' for fs9 as well :)He'd be GODPaul

a tbm of only 40?
Totally useless :) you are better of playing with TextureMaxLoadI explained that in the pinned topic post. You can raise it to 400 if it makes you feel better :) it wont change a thing UNLESS you lock your frames INSIDE FSX, then the multiplier WILL be applied.
Now if he could just find the magic 'piece' for fs9 as well :)
Well.. the magic 'piece' is FSX :) (even on low end hardware)the real problem is the 'investment' some people have made on FS9 add-ons. buying everything again is plain nuts. I got super mad with certain scenery design company because I had to purachse the same scenery TWICE! thats simply crazy, So I understand why people will stay with FS9.

Guest 413X3

interesting. Thanks for the tip

*******, thanks for your FSX.CFG.Got a question about AFFINITY. Whatever affinity number I use, my Task Manager displays ALL CPU's checked off. Does that mean ALL are active? Should the number 12 only have the Task Manager display certain CPU's? Would appreciate an explanation.Thanks.Abe3.33 gigahertz Intel Core i7 975Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 2 (build 3790)Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T SE Rev 1.xx6136 Megabytes Usable Installed MemoryNVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

*******, thanks for your FSX.CFG.
No prob.And, the affinity mask will NOT make the CPU graphs go away ;) it justs instructs the application 'which' cores it is allowed to use. 12 tells FSX to use the last TWO cores, but a 'piece' of FSX remains in CORE0 regardless of the affinity mask you set, thats why it is recommended on QUAD CORE machines to use either 12 or 14 so you leave CORE0 free for the fiber system (terrain)You will also notice that either AffinityMask (12 or 14) will give your the exact same performance. Not even a single frame difference. Try running FSX with 8 cores and see what happens ;) it gets all choppy because there are too many threads working togheter, and they interact with fibers, which need to co-operatively multitask so the more COREs the more complexity and possiblity or 'stutters' or problems.

Hi,Many thanks for sharing!Out of interest, what are the specs of your laptop?Thanks in advance.

Hi,Many thanks for sharing!Out of interest, what are the specs of your laptop?Thanks in advance.
It's a Lenovo T500 (CoreDuo) I think running @ 2.2 The video card it has is intel's, and system RAM is 3GB running Win7 32-BitFSX runs great with the other fsx.cfg I posted for Dual Core machines (the second post) and it is using BP=0 safely and stable.

No prob.And, the affinity mask will NOT make the CPU graphs go away ;) it justs instructs the application 'which' cores it is allowed to use. 12 tells FSX to use the last TWO cores, but a 'piece' of FSX remains in CORE0 regardless of the affinity mask you set, thats why it is recommended on QUAD CORE machines to use either 12 or 14 so you leave CORE0 free for the fiber system (terrain)You will also notice that either AffinityMask (12 or 14) will give your the exact same performance. Not even a single frame difference. Try running FSX with 8 cores and see what happens ;) it gets all choppy because there are too many threads working togheter, and they interact with fibers, which need to co-operatively multitask so the more COREs the more complexity and possiblity or 'stutters' or problems.
I have the same thread coordination issue with an app at work. Thanks for the config and have fun with the fam.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

*******, you're going to find this AMUSING and maybe, I repeat, maybe, BENEFICIAL (lol).I replaced my 36KB FSX.CFG with your 7.5KB FSX.CFG............and it WORKED.......with only very minor confirm questions alterations. Your FSX.cfg ran practically comparable to mine. I was really suprised. Maybe when I have time, I put the FILES side by side and compare. Maybe I'll gain some insight. Of course, I already had some STUFF BORROWED from you (lol).Thanks again.Abe

Gday JesusBeen following threads about your tweaks with great interest, havent tried them yet but i'm about to give them a try.Only one question: at the top of your fsg config it says: Tick AA and AnisoFiltering inside FSX, set driver to application controlled.I'm presuming your tweaks don't involve using nHancer am i correct?Also when you say "set driver to application controlled" does this mean dont use any of the other settings in nVidia control panel regarding AA and AF?Cheers

*******,Do you know of any differences between using affinity mask parameter and Ed Wilk's freeware applet versus Set Affinity II? This is what I use, and I dedicate cores 0,1,2 to FSX, and other apps run on core4. If it is equivalent in effect, then it would be most efficient to handle this issue with Set Aff since you can then assign other processes to different cores, all in one easy to config utility.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Also when you say "set driver to application controlled" does this mean dont use any of the other settings in nVidia control panel regarding AA and AF?Cheers
In fact, I use AA 8xQ. And you don't need nhancer anymore, this was covered already in another topic, thats old news.

Do you know of any differences between using affinity mask parameter and Ed Wilk's freeware applet versus Set Affinity II? This is what I use, and I dedicate cores 0,1,2 to FSX, and other apps run on core4. If it is equivalent in effect, then it would be most efficient to handle this issue with Set Aff since you can then assign other processes to different cores, all in one easy to config utility.
Hi Noel, well, yes there is a difference. the 'AffinityMask' setting in FSX is 'INTERNAL' to FSX. so, FSX 'knows' there are 4 CORES but you are instructing it to use 2 or 3. Ed Wilks app or anyother app will set the mask at runtime, meaning FSX will NOT be aware of how many cores you have, so this might be tricky.all in all, FSX will ALWAYS use the first CORE for running fibers (which interact with the terrain renderer/texture manager) IF you use an external Affinity mask app, then FSX will treat whatever CORE was set at first, as the one FSX runs the fibers, so, my recomendation, what I would do is to forget about external affinity tools and use the internal FSX one and set it to either 12 or 14.What you can do (specially if you set Affinity Mask to 12) is assign your apps to CORE1 which FSX will not use. (altough it seem it does) but thats beyond the scope of this reply :)

What you can do (specially if you set Affinity Mask to 12) is assign your apps to CORE1 which FSX will not use. (altough it seem it does) but thats beyond the scope of this reply :)
So setting things like FSInn, UT2, TrackIR, and FPS Limiter to run on CORE1, and FSX set via the AffinityMask=12 to run on CORE2/CORE3 would be the most efficient use of my i7's cores?

So setting things like FSInn, UT2, TrackIR, and FPS Limiter to run on CORE1, and FSX set via the AffinityMask=12 to run on CORE2/CORE3 would be the most efficient use of my i7's cores?
Exactly! however, remember that the fibers that run on CORE0 don't take much CPU anyway, BUT if UT2 maxes CORE0 then you could have some stutters/lagging, so better to go the sure route and have them run on CORE1