Sign in to follow this  
Steve Cannell

Where is the support ??

Support for our FS addons has been next to non-existent lately. Too many are ripping off flightsimmers and it's becoming the norm. What really makes me mad is they're getting away with it.BTW, I don't call good support when they return my email or answer posts in forums. I expect them to continue to support their products.Some addons I purchased recently were said to be compatible with 2004, that just a simple patch was needed. What BULL!! Now they sound like they don't have a clue.They need to wait for someone elses freeware utility to make it work correctly. This sounds familiar ??Some even have the nerve to announce new product before they patch their other recent releases. Heaven forbid if we should dare ask when the products we have already will be patched.I think I have already bought my last FS addon.Steve

Guest WorkingStiff

Now you know you'll be called a "whining freeloader?" :-lolI noted with a degree of interest that Lago released new products last week; just a day or two after the official release of COF2004. While I'm sure they intend to make their products compatible with COF2004, I haven't heard anything other than updates are planned for Emma Field and the Georender series.Also, considering that COF2004 has an improved weather engine and a very good representation of turbulence built in, I wonder how the chumps,I mean customers, who purchased Airfile Pro just one month before COF2004's release feel now. It seems to me that Lago had to be aware of the new weather featues in COF2004 and rushed Airfile Pro to the market before it was ready. It's already at version 1.11 after just over a month.

Maybe it's time to get off the computer for a while and maybe take the kids to the park Steve? Come back when you feel like you have control of your feelings and not so emotional over this game of ours...[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4] [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest emergency_pants

Heheheh. yep. Things do get a bit stressful when you've been installing stuff for a long time only to find that things aren't as compatible as you'd expected. I've just been to JustFlight only to find that FSTraffic2 is only partially compatible (no extended voicepacks, etc. Damn shame. I'm hoping they'll sort it out, given some TIME!Having scoured the net for updates to all my addons, I've decided to just use FS9 out of the box for now, until I can collate all my upgrades togather and have a nice big install session. Will probably be a couple of weeks though. The exception to this are my two FSD planes, which have been ported over to FS9 already. Good work FSD... wooyay!Bear in mind that in the product has only been on the shelves for a very short while!!!One thing though... I'm finding it tough without FSNavigator!! FS9's built in flight planner is really pants!

Patience is a virtue...Give the developers some time to patch their products and don't expect added fundctions like a clickable VC unless the add-on has been released recently (like the PMDG 737). You bought a FS2002 add-on. For some of these FS2002 add-ons there are promises of a patch. But... patches take time and if you are about to release new add-on Y you wil make more money with it than you do by patching existing product X. So you will first release Y before patching X in the spare time.*(you still have to patch X because some customers will not buy Y if you don't support them :) )Unless stated otherwise by the developer you have no rights to a FS2004 patch for as FS2002 add-on marketed product.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest Milton

Well said ... personally since Tuesday evening, I have invested 40 hours in my freeware aircraft on FS9 to sort it all out. It does take time to understand the differences, make changes, test, beta test the changes, and package for release.It serves no purpose to rush the changes. Do you want it right, or do you want it early? :-)Milton

In an e-mail reply to my question to Lago concening adaptability of FSSE to FS9, I was told there will be no patch and that FSSE for FS9 will be a completely new program. Open that wallet just a little bit wider.

I find that many people who e-mail commercial developers with questions regarding a product do not send formal e-mails. It's more than often along the line of, "Why won't my Super jet install, I tried 3000 times, and everytime I tried it said error 123 contact Microsoft. This is pissing me off, I want help asap,Joe Money"NOTE: I am not saying everyone does this, but I am sure and have heard about a great deal of e-mails being sent like that. They are very informal, vague, and pretty much useless to the support guy except he knows he has to play e-mail tag with you to find out your system specs, other commercial add ons you may have installed, if you have FSUIPC, etc etc.It would be a good idea to send just about everything "basic" regarding your PC to the support guy, so they can have an idea of what may be wrong. And if you are complaining/inquireing why your flight dynamics are in your opinion, off, make sure you have realism sliders and boxes checked completely before making a complaint.(---EVEN BEFORE e-mailing them, check their support forums, to see if there is any information regarding the issue you are emailing them about. The less e-mails they have to answer, the more time they can spend on a patch/fix, or just answering other e-mails about other issues.---)Just posting my 2 cents on this subject, to many accusations of poor support lately, some legitamate* and some not.One last thing, when a developer says they are working on a patch for a product you bought and it doesn't work on your machine, sending 1 e-mail every 5 hours to find out the progress isn't really necessary.I am in no way whatsoever related to any freeware, shareware, payware add on group. Just trying to save some people some time who will go and research whether or not I am......siamPaul Meyer - Morris, C09status.php?id=810173&indicator=OD1&a=a.jhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7b45404593a.jpg

FSSE looks to indeed be a new program. From reading the forums over at Lago over the last month or so, it looks like we can expect the following new features in FSSE:- and GMAX object can be used. We are no longer dependent on what Lago supplies.- user created tracks for animation of ground scenery. Think moving vehicles.- incorporation of FS Sound Enhancer into FSSE.Sounds worth the money to me.Tony

You bought FSSE for FS2002, unless it said in the user agreement/contract whatever when you bought it that you would be getting a free update for FS9, then I guess you will have to open that wallet. Developers are not obliged to make their software work in the next version of the software that their "software" is run on/with.BUT THEN AGAIN, I don't know how much FSSE cost, and if LAGO wants to keep customers it would be a good idea to make a free update, and the new version sold to new customers.I had Office 2000, but MS would not give me Word XP for free, blast!Paul Meyer - Morris, C09status.php?id=810173&indicator=OD1&a=a.jhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7b45404593a.jpg

>Do you want it>right, or do you want it early? :-)Welllllll....... since you asked :)I want it yesterdayIt must be free, with free upgrades dailyIt must come with your home telephone number for supportIt must contain NO bugs or I will be very angryIt must be compatible with all programs and all hardwareDid I forget anything?:)vgb

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Lago when not releasing free updates usually has an upgrade path for existing customers.FSSE2 (or whatever the new name will be) will be so much enhanced it's no small update but a complete overhaul.Demanding that such be supplied free (even when the system requirements for the prior version listed FS2002 specifically as being required (thus not FS2002 or newer...)) would be like demanding your dealer supply you with a new computer free of charge whenever you get a piece of hardware or software that won't work with the old one.I doubt many people expect that...

Very good points here, thank goodness for the vioces of reason! I am enjoying FS9 out of the box, but I do miss some of my addons, tried to transfer my Cheyenne over and had problems, contacted Tim at FSD and he got back to me with in an hour, still don't have it installed, but I have had plenty of contact with him, and he is working on it, so I have no worries or complaints.I bought Lago's FSSS a few months before Fs9 came out, so the news about it being combined with FSSE is horrible! I have no desire to use FSSE (I am a scenery designer), so I guess I am with out, oh well the price of progress.You gotta understand not all developers got an early copy of FS9, so they have had it as long as you more than likely. just go fly Fs2002 still if you want to use your addon for now, it'll all be sorted outRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest CargoMun

>I had Office 2000, but MS would not give me Word XP for free,>blast!Bad example lol, Office 2000 works very nice on Windows XP :DStill though, its not newsflash to anyone that versions not very often is forward or backward compatible. In the case of FSSE it was released quite some time ago and given alot of people might stay with FS2002 for a while as well its not that bad an issue.Heck alot of people still run Windows 98 for that matter!The issue I would tend to have a problem with, is companies (mis)using the term/label "compatible with.." and it turns out a patch is needed - sometimes not even a patch that is available yet!Also it bugs me that software companies churn out software or addons just before a release of FS ACOF and it isnt meant to be used for the new flight sim or even able to. That to me is close to bending the customer over and.. :(

Guest racartron

>In an e-mail reply to my question to Lago concening>adaptability of FSSE to FS9, I was told there will be no patch>and that FSSE for FS9 will be a completely new program. Open>that wallet just a little bit wider.In this case I think you will be very pleased however. The new product will be significantly more versatile than the old one. If you check out the various threads over at LAGO you will see some of the amazing stuff they are building in the new product.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what