If you are using the default AI, I would suggest switching to UT2. It's better in every aspect, especially in that it has much less of a performance impact and the models look better. Also, are you using the bufferpools tweak? I would suggest taking a look at ******* Altuve's(bojote) fsx.cfg post, as well as his BP=0 conclusion sticky if you haven't already. Finally, I think you could reduce your stuttering by playing with the affinitymask setting. With my rig, my settings are very close to yours and I am getting around 25-30 fps consistently with extremely minimal microstutters now that I have FSX running on just core 3 and 4, and I have moved all other FSX related programs (prio, fps limiter, REX) off of core 0 were the OS resides. I know that the math will be different for you with 6 cores though, so the AffinityMask=12 won't work in your case.******* on AffinityMask:And, the affinity mask will NOT make the CPU graphs go away ;) it justs instructs the application 'which' cores it is allowed to use. 12 tells FSX to use the last TWO cores, but a 'piece' of FSX remains in CORE0 regardless of the affinity mask you set, thats why it is recommended on QUAD CORE machines to use either 12 or 14 so you leave CORE0 free for the fiber system (terrain)You will also notice that either AffinityMask (12 or 14) will give your the exact same performance. Not even a single frame difference. Try running FSX with 8 cores and see what happens ;) it gets all choppy because there are too many threads working togheter, and they interact with fibers, which need to co-operatively multitask so the more COREs the more complexity and possiblity or 'stutters' or problems

Seems smooth in the PMDG J4100 in default scenery but how about in that aircraft with some payware airport like KJFK by FSDT(they have a free demo)? With so many addons being produced it would be nice to know, if you or anybody could really use them together.

Guest UlfB

Very impressive crashmax :( At what CPU speed?

Very impressive crashmax :( At what CPU speed?
4400MHz with last 5 cores enabled.

Crashmax,As already stated, try reducing the amount of cores you are using for FSX and see if that helps to reduce micro-stutters. More cores means more thread collisions. Try running with an affinity mask of 48 (last two cores) or 56 (last three cores) and see if that helps.

I would also suggest Prio, a free app that allows you to set the priority level of services in task manager and save the changes you make. I set FSX to "high".

Crashmax,As already stated, try reducing the amount of cores you are using for FSX and see if that helps to reduce micro-stutters. More cores means more thread collisions. Try running with an affinity mask of 48 (last two cores) or 56 (last three cores) and see if that helps.
It might also cool things down a bit allowing even more of a CPU overclock.RH

Guest UlfB
It might also cool things down a bit allowing even more of a CPU overclock.RH
I don't think CPU temp is an issue in this case because Crashmax do use a liquid cooling system (see sig "HK 3.0 CPU Block") :(

Thank you for all your replays!Trying now fsx.cfg from *******. No, heat is no problem, evean at 4800MHz :( Overclocking is hobbyhorse, but tweaking fsx.cfg wasn't, but I'm learning fast.

Guest AvioPyric

Thank crashmaxyour system is my future planGreat ...t..

Crashmax,How did you fit that huge Mora2 radiator into your case? Do you mind posting a picture?Thanks,

Crashmax...Any tips to help me get my 980x stable. I can't figure out this chip for the love of me.I actually think I got a pretty aweful chip. Having trouble getting stable at anything above 4.2. Lame lame lame.

Crashmax,How did you fit that huge Mora2 radiator into your case? Do you mind posting a picture?Thanks,
I mounted my Mora on the sidewall of my Case. Have a look.mora2-cosmoslg2u.jpg

I mounted my Mora on the sidewall of my Case. Have a look.mora2-cosmoslg2u.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.