Sign in to follow this  
Guest kologa

The scrolling AI text

Guest kologa

Just a quick question I just reinstalled FS2004 after years of not playing and installed World of AI. Now for some reason I remember when you see the scrolling text showing you the type of plane and stuff that it showed you the planes destination and airline. Is this possible or was I using a certain program that had that? Thanks I just found that info pretty cool.

Just a quick question I just reinstalled FS2004 after years of not playing and installed World of AI. Now for some reason I remember when you see the scrolling text showing you the type of plane and stuff that it showed you the planes destination and airline. Is this possible or was I using a certain program that had that? Thanks I just found that info pretty cool.
Replace the AContain section in the FS9.cfg file ( applicationdata/username/microsoft/fs/ directory) with the following section:[AContain]ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=1ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=1ShowLabelFlightPlan=1ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=1ShowLabelHeading=1LabelDelay=1000LabelColor=FFFF0000a 0 means disabled in FSa 1 means enabled in FSSave your cfg, fire up your FS and you'll have scrolling text again

In my opinion a better way is to use the free TrafficToolbox utility from Microsoft.This allows you change the amount of data shown (labels) and to turn labels on or off while you are flying.That is just one of the many features. No need to make a "permament" change to your FS9.cfg file.You can get it here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2...x_sdk_setup.exeInstall it anywhere and then place a copy of the traffictoolbox.dll in your Modules folder. You will now have a new option on the menu bar at the top of your screen when in windowed mode called Tools. Click on it for it's sub-menues.Give it a try - I believe you will find it one of the most useful utilities available.

In my opinion a better way is to use the free TrafficToolbox utility from Microsoft.This allows you change the amount of data shown (labels) and to turn labels on or off while you are flying.That is just one of the many features. No need to make a "permament" change to your FS9.cfg file.You can get it here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2...x_sdk_setup.exeInstall it anywhere and then place a copy of the traffictoolbox.dll in your Modules folder. You will now have a new option on the menu bar at the top of your screen when in windowed mode called Tools. Click on it for it's sub-menues.Give it a try - I believe you will find it one of the most useful utilities available.
Definately the easier way to go and a lot more fun!! Just remember to be in windowed mode when using Explorer. :(