Sign in to follow this  
bojote

FSX vSync FIX

Yes I can also confirm "ForceWindowedVSync=1" works perfectly on my ATI 5870.CheersCraig
Good then.. well, I'm almost done :) pretty much 99% of fsx.cfg values mapped out ;) just 4 values more and I can take a tweak vacation :)
Saludos y

*******,Does this mean that you would recommend an ATI 5870 over the gtx 480?The 480s are scarce right now.
Jose, it doesn't change my recomendation one bit :) I'm a declared nVidia a really excited user now :) the 480 smokes the 5870, I had them BOTH and tested and re-tested every possible combination you can imagine. In fact, with BP=0 is like a dream come true, but the card is so INCREDIBLY fast, that even if you use a small BP value, it stills works wonders.So, for those with a 285, go the nVidia route... for those with a 5870, STAY THERE... doesn't make sense to invest $500 for 5 frames per second more under heavy scenery/clouds.

Hmm...any idea if the PMDG 747/MD-11 or Leonardo Maddog 2008 transponders interface with Squawk Box 4?
You can look at the FSUIPC offsets associated with SB to see if the values are set when the transponder gauge settings are changed. In the FSUIPC logging tab, check the Display to FS Window checkbox, set one of the boxes to offset value 7B91 and select type U8 from the adjacent type dropdown box. A value of 0 means it's in standby, 1 means it's in normal.Likewise, 7B93 (also type U8) indicates ident pressed.If these two change when you actuate their respective switches, then it's safe to assume the panel is interfacing with SB.See: http://squawkbox.ca/doc/sdk/fsuipc.phpCheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob,Ok, I see what you mean - if that is indeed how the engine works, then I take back what I said about Nick's vsync paragraph with the caveat that it should be updated to say something along the lines of this vs. the blanket statement that vsync on is always better. That's going to confuse people in windowed mode using the new cfg setting.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You can look at the FSUIPC offsets associated with SB to see if the values are set when the transponder gauge settings are changed.
Already went that route months ago ;) it doesn't work. I even discussed it with Pete. The problem, is that SB4 is completely based on SimConnect, so, the ONLY WAY to send commands to the transpoder is via a simconnect call (which their module sends). I even suggested Pete to 'capture' this request and 'emulate' it as a packet and send it through the pipe/network to interact with SB4. Evidently, SB4 needs to support transponder interaction via shortcuts, so THAT way you can use FSUIPC KeySend facility and interact with it.. again, also Contacted Joel, but my requests were ignored (and I'm sure Pete also contacted Joel) a simple change really.. And (so people don't get confused) the PTT that still works with SB4 is NOT because SB4 supports FSUIPC, it is because FSUIPC emulates the Keypress via the KeySend facility.

Hi all,Just adding a few thoughts that someone may find useful with all this discussion...I

Craig Sells

I would like to add that "ForceWindowedVSync=1" works perfectly on my GTX280.And thats using TrackIR, which seems very sensitive to the VSync setting, but now Application-controlled its even smoother than before. Running OrbX PNW and REX with my FPS at a set and steady 25.

You can look at the FSUIPC offsets associated with SB to see if the values are set when the transponder gauge settings are changed. In the FSUIPC logging tab, check the Display to FS Window checkbox, set one of the boxes to offset value 7B91 and select type U8 from the adjacent type dropdown box. A value of 0 means it's in standby, 1 means it's in normal.Likewise, 7B93 (also type U8) indicates ident pressed.If these two change when you actuate their respective switches, then it's safe to assume the panel is interfacing with SB.
This is all true with Squawkbox 3, but SB4 doesn't use FSUIPC and I don't think therefore those offsets are of any use. Unless, that is, there's a later version of SB4 which has this interface built-in.I've been wanting to try flying on-line with SB4 for several years, and wrote to the SB authors regularly for a while asking for some transponder facility to use in a cockpit, and I got a couple of rpelies long ago saying they'd "discuss it". But to my knowledge nothing ever happened. so I gave up. :-(RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

And thats using TrackIR, which seems very sensitive to the VSync setting, but now Application-controlled its even smoother than before.
I've noticed this also.... TrackIR is silky smooth now! so, the internal FSX vSync ON option works MUCH BETTER than forcing it via the nVidia driver. So, this is also GOOD for nVidia users!

... the ONLY WAY to send commands to the transpoder is via a simconnect call (which their module sends). I even suggested Pete to 'capture' this request and 'emulate' it as a packet and send it through the pipe/network to interact with SB4.
Sorry, I don't remember that, and in fact I don't understand it. Surely the need is not for messages from SB4 to the transponder, but the other way around? I'm puzzled.
Evidently, SB4 needs to support transponder interaction via shortcuts, so THAT way you can use FSUIPC KeySend facility
Actually I asked for them to implement new windows Registered Messages for the functions needed. That is a much easier and more reliable interface, and is the way the PTT works. The registered message system for PTT was first implemented in Roger Wilco, and the same messages copied in other programs including SB3 and SB4.
And (so people don't get confused) the PTT that still works with SB4 is NOT because SB4 supports FSUIPC, it is because FSUIPC emulates the Keypress via the KeySend facility.
It works here, with SB3 and SB4, using the Registered Messages built into FSUIPC and Wideclient. You only need to assign to the PTT in FSUIPC.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I've noticed this also.... TrackIR is silky smooth now! so, the internal FSX vSync ON option works MUCH BETTER than forcing it via the nVidia driver. So, this is also GOOD for nVidia users!
For my GTX295 I have vsync off in the nVidia control panel and in nHancer. I put in the line 'ForceWindowedVSync=1' and I noticed that FSX is much smoother and the frame rate is extremely more stable.Also we will need to summerize the findings in this thread and merge them with the 'Pinned: The BP=0 conclusions'.

Craig, try the following and you should see an improvement:[bufferPools]UsePools=0 // Use 1 if you get any instability.RejectThreshold=131071 // will only work if the above is set to 1[GRAPHICS]STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=1024 // Try 10 as well.. but 1024 should give you a perfect smooth experience when using vsync ON
Somewhere you posted the following 'STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647' and I am wondering if this value is to high.What value would you 'bojote' recommend for a GTX295? Thanks.

Sorry, I don't remember that, and in fact I don't understand it. Surely the need is not for messages from SB4 to the transponder, but the other way around? I'm puzzled.
Hi Pete, sure.. it was last year, around March, here:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...t=75281#p462202
Somewhere you posted the following 'STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647' and I am wondering if this value is to high.What value would you 'bojote' recommend for a GTX295? Thanks.
Also we will need to summerize the findings in this thread and merge them with the 'Pinned: The BP=0 conclusions'.
We will.. David will update it WHEN this discussion is over, but it is still going :)

We will.. David will update it WHEN this discussion is over, but it is still going :)
There is already a link to this thread and to the famous "Bojote's FSX.cfg" in the pinned one! :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.