Sign in to follow this  

Stuttering problem with FSMeteo 6.01 and FS2004

Hi,I've got the latest update for FSMeteo (6.1) and am using the freeware version of FSIUPC 3.03. I experience very bad stuttering in FS2004 during weather updating when utilizing FSMeteo in online mode. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? The sim runs smoothly on my system in all other respects with the default installation settings. I do not experience the stuttering with real-world online weather, just FSMeteo 6.01My system specs:Athlon XP 2100+ 512 megs DDR RAM (266 mhz FSB)GF4 Ti4200 64 meg video, 41.09 Detonaters7200 RPM ATA100 HD with 8 megs cache, FAT32 file formatSoundblaster Live! Value PCI Cable Modem with router connectionOS: Windows XP, SP1Thanks very much.

Hi All,I don't have stuttering as such but do have another annoying problem.If I have the panel view on the screen at the time of the Meteo weather updates, the screen flickers at the time of the update. It is just the panel that goes black and then back to normal again. This happens as each weather station is updated. So if 10 stations update I get 10 blinks of the panel. And it only happens with the panel. Outside views are fine.This does not happen with the MS weather updates from the internet. I am running Meteo 6.01. I have a P4 2.0G overclocked to 2.2G, 1G of PC2700 ram, Ti4400 video card with 128M of memory and 45.20 drivers. I have two monitors and have tried windowed mode, full mode etc. I have tried other drivers and the whole 9 yards of different video settings to no avail.I am back to using the MS weather which works ok but I like to see a weather dialog box while I fly. I'm hoping that I missed a setting or have set something wrong.Thanks,

Easy fix for the screen flickers: Go to your display settings menu and find the 'render to texture' checkbox on one of the menus, then uncheck it. Your screen flickers will be gone I think.Ok I fixed your problem, please figure out why I'm stuttering with FSMeteo weather updates :)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Dave,you'll happy to know your're not alone with your stutter.I have same problem since v.6 day one and yes i also fixed the screen flickers that way.Yesterday i emailed the autor and he ask me some infos regard my system and OS.My turn now to be happy after reading you're running your FSMeteo copy on an XP powered machine; and i've been told (not just one time) that my OS (Win 98SE) should be the culprit.Any other friend out there with Win98SE?cheersLuigi ;-)

Hi. Could one of you owners please post a screen shot of WeatherSet.exe (provided w/FSUIPC) while FS04 and FSMeteo 6.1 are running?? I own FSMeteo 5.1 ( Only good with VATSIM WX ) and ActiveSkyRE 1.9. The FSMeteo provides many more layers of clouds, temps, winds etc... While ActiveSkyRE1.9 only gives me 1 layer of clouds or winds..BTW the flickering of the panel also occours w/ActiveSkyRE.. It might be FSUIPCs Advanced WX interface is doing it since FSMeteo 5.1 doesnot give me the flickers at all and runs the FS98 interface through FSUIPC.. Big HMMM ??? here. ECS k7s5a, XP1800+, 1 gig RAM, Monitor 1 Asus 8200DLX 64mb 29.58 driver WQHLd ( auto installed by XP ), Monitor 2 S3 savage 4 32 meg 5.1.2001.0 driver WQHLd ( auto installed by XP ). Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hi Luigi,Yes I'm actually glad you are having the same problem, at least I can be reassured that the weather update stuttering isn't isolated with just my machine. I sure wish I knew what the common denominator is between our computers that causes this. If you find anything out, please post your results here, thanks a lot.

Yes, FSMeteo seems great, lots of cool new features if I can just get past the stuttering. Get rid of your screen flickers by unchecking the 'render to texture' box in you FS2004 display menu. This works for both Activesky and FSMeteo.

Guest MB327

Same deal here Dave, and thanks for the "render to texture" tip because I have that problem as well. I really thought I had read that it should be checked in one of the FAQ posts but we will go with your idea tonight and see how that plays out.This stuttering problem is also annoying. I run XP-Pro on a AMD 2700+ with a Ti4600 card and it seems I just can't find the right settings to completely escape stuttering, particularly on the ground or low altitude. But it also happens with each FSMeteo update accompanied by another odd behavior in the rapid relay of the updated wx data. I am not even sure now that FS9 is fully migrating to the new wx data as it is delivered from Meteo or Active Sky. FS9 seems to be comming up with a hybred weather set all on it's own.Mike

Yes, I've only found two problems with FSMeteo 6.1. One is the stuttering that you all have experienced, and the other is, like Mike said, the weather you're supposed to have isn't what you are getting in the sim. This morning at KIND I wanted to take off VFR and should have been able to according to the METAR which showed vis at 8sm, broken clouds at 13000 and 25000. But, when I asked ground for a VFR departure to the north they told me it was IFR only and denied me. I jumped out of the plane, and looked around, and sure enough, all those cumulus that were sposed to be up there at 13000 were at ground level. Refreshing the FSMeteo weather and eventually a close and re-start didn't cure the problem. Just gave up and ignored grounds denial and took off anyway. Regards,Dan Zollnerhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg