Sign in to follow this  
Guest NWADC9

Help wanted with TAXIWAYS lights

Guest dirk1000

Hi, everyoneIn a past (Mesg #129201 Jul-31-03 04:58 PM "Better runways Lights for FS2004") I posted in this forum, I was asking help in customizing RUNWAYS and APPROACH airport lights.I get a very friendly, usefull and fast response from Chris Willis. (Mesg # 129210 Jul-31-03 5:12 PM). This is the text:>Hi,>To get your runways configs light size add these line under fs9.cfg display: >RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales edge, center,end,touchdown,runways >RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.0 // scales VASI lights)>RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0 // scales approach light bars >RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales RAILs and ODALs)>Test thse above setup and see>More the value is lower, more the light will decreasde in size, 0.5, 00.5 etc.>The visual in fs2004 are customizible and not an issue.>Thanks>Chris Willis>FSW GROUP>Clouds And Addons For MsFsWell, all this works fine. But now, I need the ending part of this: the TAXIWAYS LIGHTS customization.What new line have I to add in the gfs9.cfg file?Thanks very much... Dirk Trotteyndirkt@arnet.com.ar

A bump...'cause I am wondering this myself. I find that scaling the runway lights down using these entries in the config and making them .75 or .5 helps to sharpen their appearance a bit, but taxiway lights are now quite large in proportion to those.

I think you'll have to live with that. I doubt any taxiway lights, edge or center, can be adjusted.

Can you give me the path to the config file you are editing?dm602

Guest dirk1000

Hi, DM602The path thats points to fs9.cfg is:C:Program FilesDocuments & Settings"Your Name"Program DataMicrosoftFS9fs9.cfg.Hope help you.Regards.Dirk Trotteyn

Thanks Dick. I did a search, but of the D:/FS Drive. I should have known they put it in the documents folder, that seems to be their standard now. Thanks again.Dennis Mitchell

Guest dirk1000

Hi, DennisTake a look at READ ME FIRST! by Ken Salter (at head of this forum).RegardsDirk Trotteyn

Roger all, message RCVD. Thanks for pointing this out.DM

Guest NWADC9

Hi Chris,What do you mean about 'compromise'? Do you mean it's not possible to control them?Allan