Sign in to follow this  
Guest BC_KBOS

OFFICIAL BLURRY TEXTURE THREAD

Guest cwright

Dynamic Blurred Textures I'm happy to report that on my slow machine dynamic blurred textures are still present but they are *far* better than FS2002. Occasionally the surrounding textures will be blurred for a few seconds but they quickly snap back into normal resolution. In FS2002 the blurred textures may last for many tens of seconds or in some cases for minutes at a time. There is a new setting in the cfg file that should allow the user to find an optimum balance between dynamic blurred textures and frame rate performance, but I haven't tried it yet. It may be that FS automatically chose a value that suits my system quite well. Anyway, congratulations to Microsoft. This problem was a real curse for me in FS2002, but now the problem has almost gone away with this new version. Static Blurred Textures Unfortunately the middle and distant textures are noticeably more blurred than in FS2004. I think FS realised I have a computer that runs slower than a tortoise swimming in syrup and it chose very low settings (some of them are zero!) I probably won't experiment with the settings as I have a new system on order. Frame rates are acceptable but I wouldn't like to reduce performance by upping the texture resolution. Even with some blurring in the distance the views out of the window can be little short of spectacular. I criticise Microsoft when they fall short - but I'll praise them when they do a good job. For FS2004 I think a lot more praise than criticism is due! Best regards, Chris Wright P3 800 Mhz 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 1 32 Mb, Win 98SE

I'm very happy here as well. Much less problems with blurries than in FS2002. I notice them most if I keep changing views, but that is understandable as the simulator doesn't know which way to draw. ;) Over all, I am very pleased.Tony

Guest Fortress

No blurries here! :7Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Guest BC_KBOS

Greetings Folks!Hey, this one is a bit counter-intuitive.In your options/settings/display settings, under the hardware tab, down the bottom, bump up the "global max texture size". Mine was set to low by default. Makes sense on my Athlon 950 system. Well, I cranked it all the way up to "massive" and all is well and clear as a bell. With little to no frame rate hit. THAT is strange. You can experiment with the setting, take a look at each notch as you slide that puppy up and down. To test, forget buildings and stuff, they are not important. Park yourself in front of a taxiway sign and adjust so you can actually read the sign without glasses, because that is the effect of the texture size being set to low.I too was going nutz playing with AA and MIP MAP levels. It's the texture size that is the culprit. At least in my machine.BC

>>fs9.cfg>TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000>TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.50000>Chris, you have the two above setting at these values as alot of others do from what I have seen but... When I opened my fs.cfg to see what the default was it was the following:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=0.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=0.000000HUH? They are both set at 0 for the default! Is this right? I was wondering that if they are at the default zero what is the sim doing with that setting? What does the new setting of 9.5 and 4.5 give us?Thanks!Mark

I got the blurries here!Tried Chris's settings with no avail.

Guest Skedflyer

I got blurriness and the blocks of light colored textures on the ground. I have done all settings that Chris recommended but no help. I also changed the texture bandwidth to 400, its crisp from the ground to 25,000, then it looks like, before the horizon someone took an eraser and smudged the textures.And my settings are not maxed at all; the clouds seem to murder my system so I

Hi,I have an ATI 9800pro and in the windows ATI settings:AA: 4xAF: 8x QualityTextures: High QualityMipMap: PerformanceInside FS I set in the display driver:Texture: ONT&L: ONAA: OFFMIPMAP: 5Lights: 5Texture Quality: HIGHNo blurries and stable images...Ulisses

>In your options/settings/display settings, under the hardware>tab, down the bottom, bump up the "global max texture size". >Mine was set to low by default. Makes sense on my Athlon 950>system. Well, I cranked it all the way up to "massive" and>all is well and clear as a bell. With little to no frame rate>hit. THAT is strange. You can experiment with the setting,>take a look at each notch as you slide that puppy up and down.Global max texture size equates to the following entry in FS9.CFG:[GRAPHICS]TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=nwhere n corresponds to one of the Global max texture size slider values as follows:Very Small 64Small 128Medium 256High 512Massive 1024You need High for terrain textures, Massive if you want to use 1024x1024 bitmaps where these are supplied and aren't worried about the extra texture memory/bandwidth they will use.JohnVisual Flighthttp://www.visualflight.co.uk