Sign in to follow this  
Guest UweR

Best Drivers / Settings for GE Force FX 5200 w/ 128MB

Guest byoung

I am getting killed FPS wise by clouds. Couple that with Airport Scenery and A/I Traffic...Just asking for any advise...System:P4 2.5 GHZ768 MB RAMFX 5200 w/ 128 MBThanks!Barry

that is an issue not yet resolvedtweak the weather settings downlatest drivers from guru3d.com get 44.03 if stll using W98selatest motherboard drivers helpdo not not not use AA anywhersallen

Guest byoung

Thanks Allen,Anyone else? I would like specifics driver versions, etc.Barry

Guest ssurjap

Version 44.67 (only available at www.guru3d.com) seems to be the best. Beta 45.02 (or 45.20?) has also been giving people good frame rates.

Set some high clouds only.. Stratus at 15,000 feet or so.. still looks pretty, but little fps impact

Bert

Guest UweR

Hi, if you can live without the added eye candy, turn off Anti Aliasing. I run an Athlon XP2500, 256 MB MSI FX5600 graphics, 512 PC3200 Corsair XMS RAM and get really good frame rates with most sliders to the right, multi layer weather (FS_Meteo) and My Traffic AI at 50%.I use the 45.20 beta drivers and 1280*968 screen resolution w/o AA.