Sign in to follow this  
THibben

Kensington Mouseworks and FS9 Framerates

On my system I found a Kensington file kmw_dll.dll, which is located in the windows/system32 directory, that was dramatically affecting the framerates in FS9. When I renamed the file the fps went from the 8-10 range up to the 20's on the ground at KSEA and much higher in the air. This file also prevented me from installing the PMDG 737 patch.I just renamed it to oldkmw_dll.dll and everything then worked fine. The mouseworks no longer loads but the mouse works as a standard 3 button mouse.I will be talking to MS about this today as according to Kensington, MS has approved this file.I don't know if this is a system problem or not. My system is a Intel D865PERL mobo, P4 3.0G hyper threaded CPU and a ATI Radeon 9800 video card. I also have 1G of ram.Tom

I just finished talking with MS and they informed me that this problem with the Kensington mouseworks file has been with them for a long time. While I didn't notice it with FS2002, it may be more noticeable with FS9. Deactivating the file has made FS9 a smooth running sim.Tom