Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

New rudders

Well I was debating where to put this post. Hanger chat or FS9. Since I only use FS9 I felt this was where it should go. I currently use an old set of CH pedals that plug into the sound card. You know the connection I mean. Well almost everytime I fly the pedals need calibrating. I have had enough of this. I need a set of USE B or whatever it is called pedal that I can just plug in a fly. I don't want to set up pedals in FSUIPC. Well men, what are the best pedals out there? Money is an object but I have a hundred bucks or so. I already us a Saitek throttle and controller but won't use the twist rudder as it is junk.JimCYWG

Hello Jim,I use the pedals from CH and am very pleased with them. When you unplug them when you don't use them, make sure to always plug them back in the same USB port. That way you only calibrate them once at first use, and everytime you plug them back in, gthe same calibration settings will be used.This goes for all USB controls.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

Hi JimMine CH-pedals need a simple calibration everytime I restart my PC.When my PC is started, I move the pedals to the full left and full right positions once or twice and Voila - they are calibrated again.I don't se that as a big problem.RegardsHenrik

Third option for posting: Hardware Controllers and drivers :( Have you tried Saitek rudder?

Although I don't use the rudder pedals (the CH control column instead) It also needs frequent recalibration. However, I doscovered that the reason for recalibration is due to the autopilot not releasing the controls in the neutral position. In other words whatever position the control surfaces are in at the moment the AP is disconnected becomes the new neutral position. I have to set up a flight of doing circuits manually then the next time I use the control column it is perfect!!! vololiberista

Jim,I am using Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System (yoke + 2 throttle quadrants + rudder pedals), hooked to a powered USB hub. I never have to calibrate anything.Before that I was also using analog CH pedals (game port on the sound card). Investing in Saitek was one of my better moves in virtual flying :(Like Madfred said, just make sure you always plug them into the same port...Regards,Jure

The saitec combo is indeed a good buy, not expensive and works well. The ch-yoke felt smoother tho, but the saitec is big enough for my hands.The rudders are very good imho.