Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

Be Aware of Unofficial Driver

Hi, Detonator 45.20 driver causing problem in windowed mode when you maximize / minimize fs2004 2 or 3 time, fs2004 screen goes blackReinstalled the Official Nvidia 44.03 no more problems.Windows XP, Asus Gforce4 TI 4200 128MB 8xThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest ssurjap

Chris,What do you think about 44.67? Thanks.

Chris, just to clarify.. when using the 44.03 drivers and 2xAA, do you get what some of us are struggling with: black screen with spinning plane when changing airplanes in full screen mode?I too have settled on the 44.03 drivers as the best for now.. but still have to go to windowed mode to use the menus properly (not a big issue, more of an annoyance..)BTW, many thanks for all your tweaking tips! They have really helped me get the best visuals!P4-2.4 WinXP, Ti4200-128 w. 44.03 drivers (1280x960x32, 2xAA, 4xAF enabled)

Bert

Guest UweR

They are stable as a rock on my system - and that

I am using 44.71 and have no issues other than the blank screens when using driver's AA and Full-Screen mode in FS2004.Cloud9

Chris -Glad to see someone else experienced this. I got the 44.67drivers from guru3d.com. The WHQL official drivers are still notavailable from NVidia.I also experience the crash when AA 2x was selected.I'm using the 45.20 BETA drivers. They are working well, butI am still not using AA.JerryG

Guest CargoMun

45.20 works pretty good on my rig, and it doesnt blackout when going to full screen from full screen (maximized)as you describe. Wierd!

Hi "Chris, just to clarify.. when using the 44.03 drivers and 2xAA, do you get what some of us are struggling with: black screen with spinning plane when changing airplanes in full screen mode?"Detonator 30.82 Win2000/XP WHQL have no promlem with the 2x AA , no more problems at all.http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/ichalos/Drivers/Detonator.htmif too much busy go herehttp://www.ausgamers.com/files/browsegame/html/10/150ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris, you are correct, the 30.82s work, but then you need Riva tuner to enable AF.. and I still think the 43.51 and 44.03 drivers offer better visuals and performance..

Bert

Yup.. actually, I have now gone back and am staying with the 30.82s until a new driver is released. It is nice to have everything work again.. even the Print Screen key works again for screenshots!Just one minor detail.. do you ever see the attached when you bring up the menu?No, I am not overclocking..

Bert

Chris,I am using the 4520 with no AA or AF. I start in windowed mode and then switch to full screen without any of the black screen problems I was having before.My texture quality at 1280/960/32 is very good with these beta drivers. Not going to touch a thing until nVidia sorts this out.CheersBob