Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Anyone using a force feedback chair?

I've heard of these and have seen them on the internet (Rumble chairs). I've even heard of "attaching" something to your current chair. Are any of these devices being used with satisfaction out there? Anything new?I saw a thread on chairs here on AVSIM, and I thought I'd explore this alternative.Stan

I've heard of these and have seen them on the internet (Rumble chairs). I've even heard of "attaching" something to your current chair. Are any of these devices being used with satisfaction out there? Anything new?I saw a thread on chairs here on AVSIM, and I thought I'd explore this alternative.Stan
Stan- For many years, I had a 10" speaker in a ply enclosure (with RF choke coils to restrict it to about 50 Hz) bolted to the underside of my office style chair. It was powered by an ancient stereo amp- which also powered another 10" speaker enclosure under the desk.The vibes from the chair speaker transmitted up through the armrests and into your elbows. Gave a very satisfactory boost to realism- especially when starting engines in a GA Aircraft. Best performance was when the wife was out of the house!An old friend visiting, leaped up from a late afternoon snooze in another room, as I took off in the PMDG 737, crying "What the h--l was that???"The whole thing was eminently satisfactory and I never flew without it- until one day the amp bit the dust!Still miss it. RIPAlex ReidPS- use 2 or 3 furniture leg coasters under the casters of an office type chair to fix its position.

I'm sure you've heard of the "Buttkicker". http://www.thebuttkicker.com/gaming/index.htmThis thing is raved about by those that own it. It looks impressive and is apparently well built according to users. My next big purchase-- maybe. Though I don't like the idea of cords weaving around and making my room/desk "cluttery".

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I'm sure you've heard of the "Buttkicker". http://www.thebuttkicker.com/gaming/index.htmThis thing is raved about by those that own it. It looks impressive and is apparently well built according to users. My next big purchase-- maybe. Though I don't like the idea of cords weaving around and making my room/desk "cluttery".
Zach- I connected my chair with an elastic spiral jack cord to a plug-in underneath the desk. It allowed chair to swivel all around without the cord touching the floor. AR

Yes. The ButtKicker was the product I had heard about years ago. Seems its been updated to a non-fan version. I checked out the videos. Thanks. Gotta figure out how to lay it out so that it's not obtrusive in my PC environment.Stan