Sign in to follow this  
idahosurge

Approach Only?

I have just spent at least 20 minutes looking through all the manuals and if the answer is in there I can not find it.When you are in autoland mode and on the PFD you have your loc and g/s symbols displayed and then instead of going from white to green and getting a dual land display you get a white approach only displayed, why do you get an approach only, why do you not get a dual land and the plane go ahead and do a full autoland. This is happening on runways where I have arleady had sucessful auto landings.If any one can point me to the manual and page in that manual that explains a white approach only message while in autoland mode I would appreciate it.Regards,Rod

The systems manual lists the level 1 advisory alert but not an explanation. The FCOM addresses it on page PT.30.5 but there are several things that might cause the approach only mode. What about things like configuration and speeds, are you configured and slowed for approach?

Dan Downs KCRP

The systems manual lists the level 1 advisory alert but not an explanation. The FCOM addresses it on page PT.30.5 but there are several things that might cause the approach only mode. What about things like configuration and speeds, are you configured and slowed for approach?
Hi Dan, I was looking at PT.30.5 earlier and that did give me the idea about what you said "configuredd and slowed", it was probably something to do with my approach speed, flaps, etc.!Rod Storer