Sign in to follow this  
seehunt

Video module stopping and restarting

My system i7975 cpu, windows 7 64, BFG 285 Gpu, Asus P6T deluxe v-2 MB.My problem is that when running FSX the screen goes black for a few seconds and thencomes back on.I tried running in window mode to see if it helped, but it still went black on me, onlyin window mode I get a message box stating that the video module stopped respondingand recovered. These black screen incidents can be a few seconds to 30 or more seconds.The higher I set autogen, the more frequent the blackouts. This seems to have only started since I upgraded to widows 7 and after I had my video card replaced because ofbad memory on the card. BFG replaced with the same model card I had.Does anyone know if there is any cure for this problem Or if maybe replacing the videocard with an ATI 5870 would cure the problem.Arnold

Does anyone know if there is any cure for this problem Or if maybe replacing the videocard with an ATI 5870 would cure the problem.Arnold
You are simply stressing your video card beyond its capabilities. You need to either, reduce your sliders, get a faster card OR (if using BP=0) not use it and replace it with:[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=98304 // Vertex data at or OVER 96KB goes directly to the GPU command buffer, the rest, goes to the dynamic bufferpoolThe above 'BufferPools' setting combines the performance benefits of BP=0 with the stability of having a Dynamic Vertex buffer (bufferpools) evidently, is not AS GOOD, as BP=0 but, still REALLY good and VERY close to BP=0 performance :)Others things to try:Set your Mesh Resolution to 10m do NOT set it to anything lower than that.Set your Scenery Detail to MEDIUMReduce your Autogen SliderThe above 3 options have the most influence on Black Screens, because they involve 'batching' (mesh/autogen) and Scenery detail influences the 'range' of objects to batch. Black screen is a driver 'reset' and the ONLY way to solve it, is 'ease' the load on your card with the above steps.

You are simply stressing your video card beyond its capabilities. You need to either, reduce your sliders, get a faster card OR (if using BP=0) not use it and replace it with:[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=98304 // Vertex data at or OVER 96KB goes directly to the GPU command buffer, the rest, goes to the dynamic bufferpoolThe above 'BufferPools' setting combines the performance benefits of BP=0 with the stability of having a Dynamic Vertex buffer (bufferpools) evidently, is not AS GOOD, as BP=0 but, still REALLY good and VERY close to BP=0 performance :)Others things to try:Set your Mesh Resolution to 10m do NOT set it to anything lower than that.Set your Scenery Detail to MEDIUMReduce your Autogen SliderThe above 3 options have the most influence on Black Screens, because they involve 'batching' (mesh/autogen) and Scenery complexity the 'range' of objects to batch. Black screen is a driver 'reset' and the ONLY way to solve it, is 'ease' the load on your card with the above steps.
Hi JesusThanks for your reply to my message.I'll try your suggestions and see if they help.ThanksArnold