Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

2D Panning - Yes I Have "The Line"

Yup, I've added the line: pan_in_cockpit_mode=1 in the section of the FS9.cfg file, but still no joy panning except in the front view only. I do have an older Sidewinder joystick, but it seems to be operating normally and I can pan just fine in the VC mode. Has anyone else seen this issue where the line doesn't work (I also have my pan rate set to 700, but I believe the panning didn't work when I had it set to the default mode as well)?Any suggestions would be appreciated, and if they include getting a new joystick, recommendations would also be appreciated there. Thanks much.Glenn

Not sure what you're saying. With pan-in-cockpit enabled in 2D, you can only have the front view anyway, as the other views won't work (if there are any, or even if not) with that line embedded.So you will only get a front view pan. That's why I don't use it personally, as you have that in VC so why get yourself TOTALLY disorientated, LOL? Swinging around in VC when you're on final is bad enough!Sounds like your stick is working fine.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Hi Mark,Yeah, what I'm referring to (a carry over from previous FS'), is in the 2D mode facing the front (front view) initially, if you hit SHIFT+NUM7 (for eg., NUMLOCK OFF), you find yourself looking out the left-front window of the aircraft (about a 45 degree angle to the front). Now in FS2002, once I added the "pan_in_cockpit_mode=1", I could use my hat switch on the stick to pan left and right. The doorpost would remain in the same relative position of course, but the outside view would swing around, or "pan" as I pushed the hat switch one way or the other. Similarly, I could pan up or down in that same view. Now however, I can't. Frankly, this isn't a really big deal for aircraft with VC's (by far my preference now), but if one has an aircraft with a 2D panel only, then the best you can do is looked at "fixed" angles of view - 45*, 90*, 135*, 180*, etc., and straight - you can't see up or down (the latter being more important) much. The fact that my stick is behaving differently than in FS2002 in these side views is what is causing me to wonder if I've still not got something configured, or if the stick is not working properly. In the front view, I can pan as much as I want, side to side and up and down. Make sense?? (if anyone can make sense of half of what I say, they need more help than I do :-hah).Thanks Mark,Glenn

Guest DonaldS

I think I understand what your saying, maybe not.For example, in FS2002 while looking out the pilot side aircraft window, by hitting Shift/NUM4/ keys would allow me to look out to the left. While holding down those two keys I would then depress the Enter key which would move the view down or depress the Backspace key which would move the view up. Neat. Especially useful when scanning the sky for other aircraft. Now, in FS2004, I have to hit the "W" key and do the scanning up and down using the Shift/NUM4/ key Enter/Backspace combination.I am unable to do this in FS2004, and; as you said, no biggie.I still haven't trained myself to fly in the Virtual Cockpit mode yet. (I think using that keyboard combination described above, would result in the view tilting up or down. Not sure.) Is that what you meant?I sure wish I could figure out how to do it the "old FS2002 way". Regards,Don S

Yes, if someone finds out the solution to this, let us know by posting here. I miss the ability to pan up or down or to the right or left while looking out the side windows. I can do it in FS2002, but not in FS2004.

Guest Milton

Check the Options/Assignments list for keyboard commands to see what is available.Milton