Sign in to follow this  
Guest Diego199

Problem with 747 FMC

Guest Diego199

Hi to all guys! Well, i've got a problem with fmc of boeing 747, when i introduce a flight plan and then i press Lnav button the waypoints don't dissapear when i reach them, for example, the first waypoint is VXY and in the legs page appears 10nm to reach it, when i reach it, the fmc don't follow with the next waypoint, the plane follow the route but in the legs page still appears VXY and the distance to VXY, obviously, grow up. I have used the pmdg boeing 737 and it works correctly, please help me! Bye!! :(

Full name signatures required in this forum.Is this the first fix in your flight plan? How are you navigating to the first fix? If it is not on a direct course from departure you might have to force a direct to fix.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Diego199

Yeah is the first fix and every wayoint is via direct i put the departure runway and in the acars the origin and the destination (obviously), after takeoff I switch on Lnav and when I am airborne switch on the AP, boeing follows the plan to the first waypoint and as I said formerly, when the boeing reach the first waypoint the fmc don't remove it, although boeing still follows the plan, see below:http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1976/pfdw.jpgWhen you insert a plan in the 747's fmc works correctly?Thanks!

Yeah is the first fix and every wayoint is via direct i put the departure runway and in the acars the origin and the destination (obviously), after takeoff I switch on Lnav and when I am airborne switch on the AP, boeing follows the plan to the first waypoint and as I said formerly, when the boeing reach the first waypoint the fmc don't remove it, although boeing still follows the plan, see below:http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1976/pfdw.jpgWhen you insert a plan in the 747's fmc works correctly?Thanks!
Could you post a full screenshot of the 2D panel including the PFD and NAV display, also the FMC on the flightplan page. Something hasn't been setup correctlyCheersRob

Rob Prest

Could you post a full screenshot of the 2D panel including the PFD and NAV display, also the FMC on the flightplan page. Something hasn't been setup correctlyCheersRob
Well, there isn't a continuous route there, no magenta line after WUREL.

Jose is also asking if there are discontinuities in the flight plan. Is the first waypoint on the runway heading? How do you navigate to the first waypoint from the departure, most depatures have a vectors gap in them and you have to push a direct to the fix. One way of doing this is to press the LSB twice and EXEC.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Diego199

Ok here the caps during flying, now I've loaded a plan that is included in the pmdg installation, ADLBNE001, so I guess that the plan is made correctly.Stay well!!

You're not done with preflight. See the LEGs page and all the blank fields to the right? Those should contain speeds and altitudes. My recommendation is to fly the type rating courses available from the download section at pmdg web site. You have much to learn, and this will help.

Dan Downs KCRP

You're not done with preflight. See the LEGs page and all the blank fields to the right? Those should contain speeds and altitudes. My recommendation is to fly the type rating courses available from the download section at pmdg web site. You have much to learn, and this will help.
Thats probably why he's not flying in VNAV

Rob Prest

Guest Diego199

No matter the blank fields, and I know that this should contain speed and altitudes.

Just a thought...Do you have the IRS activated (NAV position) and the GPS Pos set correctly in the INIT POS screen of the FMC? Just trying to think why you would miss those waypoints???Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Just a thought...Do you have the IRS activated (NAV position) and the GPS Pos set correctly in the INIT POS screen of the FMC? Just trying to think why you would miss those waypoints???Regards,
Of course he has. If he wouldn't his PFD would be blank.

No matter the blank fields, and I know that this should contain speed and altitudes.
It does matter, the FMS is not configured to provide guidance to the autopilot/flight director until you are done setting it up, which is when the speeds/altitudes will be shown whether you fly VNAV or not.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Diego199

I've tried with the fmc set up, vnav perf included and the speeds and altitudes in the legs page and don't work, maybe is a problem of the software.Thanks to all!! :(

Sure, reinstall, but I hope you take the time to learn out to set up the systems in the Queen. She has been out for a number of years now, wouldn't you think it odd that you found a bug?

Dan Downs KCRP