Sign in to follow this  
Guest drippy18

Reverse thrusters dont work with add ons..help!

Guest drippy18

I have purchased a new alienware area 51 alx. Top of the line. 6gigs of ram dual ati 5870 graphics cards( i think that is the name of it somethign like that) ....well here is the problem.... Installed flight x many times regular way and under admin...and with vista compbatily everything..... but when I install flight x it works fine. The reverse thrusters open up and stay open. The problem comes into affect when I install abacus airbus fleet that they no longer want to stay open. The reverse thrusters open and then like 2 to 3 seconds later they start going back and forht back and forth ..like they want to shut and open...Also the airbus a340-600 doesnt want to get up to speed to take off... Of course all the good airplanes are add ons cause microsft wouldnt give you the good stuff. I tried installing windows xp64 and still the same problem. This never happend on the old computer that was just plain home. I started to think maybe it was the graphic card so I tried disabling one of them ...didnt work...I tried turning off the aero theme still doesnt work. I have searched the web for this problem but no one seems to have my problem. Dx 10 is turned off. Also this happens in a century of flight.

Guest firehawk44
I have purchased a new alienware area 51 alx. Top of the line. 6gigs of ram dual ati 5870 graphics cards( i think that is the name of it somethign like that) ....well here is the problem.... Installed flight x many times regular way and under admin...and with vista compbatily everything..... but when I install flight x it works fine. The reverse thrusters open up and stay open. The problem comes into affect when I install abacus airbus fleet that they no longer want to stay open. The reverse thrusters open and then like 2 to 3 seconds later they start going back and forht back and forth ..like they want to shut and open...Also the airbus a340-600 doesnt want to get up to speed to take off... Of course all the good airplanes are add ons cause microsft wouldnt give you the good stuff. I tried installing windows xp64 and still the same problem. This never happend on the old computer that was just plain home. I started to think maybe it was the graphic card so I tried disabling one of them ...didnt work...I tried turning off the aero theme still doesnt work. I have searched the web for this problem but no one seems to have my problem. Dx 10 is turned off. Also this happens in a century of flight.
Aero is turned off when you first start up FSX as it is not compatible with FSX graphics. No need to manually disable that. It doesn't sound like a video card issue to me. It sounds to me like FSX is properly installed as it works okay. It's not your OS that's causing the problem but don't understand why you didn't have Windows 7 installed with this nice system from Dell (you stated you installed Windows XP64). FSX and all addons work great with Windows 7, 64 bit. Most of Abacus addon's are upgrades from previous versions of FSX and that means the addon's probably need FSUIPC installed to work properly. An example would be the CS757 for FSX as it was simply upgraded from earlier versions. If will not function properly without FSUIPC installed. It wobbles and makes the aircraft totally uncontrollable w/o FSUIPC installed. You can determine if FSUIPC is properly installed by starting up FSX and looking under Addons on the Menu bar. If FSUIPC is installed 'properly', then that's not the problem. You may have a stuck key on your keyboard. The F2 key employs the reverse thrusters and the F1 key stops the deployment. If they open and close constantly, I would hit the F1 or F2 key and see if that stops this issue. Regarding the Airbus A340 not getting up to speed, is it properly configured for takeoff? For instance, if you have the flaps engaged too far, that could slow it down. Or somehow the reverse thrusters were employed. If it has a FMC, it must be properly configured first. I think you're going to have to place this problem with your A340 on the FSX forum and maybe other Abacus owners of this aircraft can provide you with a solution (if one of my recommendations don't work). Again, for aircraft addon's made primarily for older versions of FSX, you should have the latest FSUIPC installed as most "upgrades to FSX" were only changes to textures. Hope this helps!Best regards,Jim