Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Yaw damper in FS9

Guest jase439

Y/D doesn't appear to work in 3rd party panels.

Guest dfreed

>Y/D doesn't appear to work in 3rd party panels.That's what I thought as well. However, FS9 adds many new lines to the autopilot section of the aircraft.cfg file (after you use the aircraft for the first time) and the last one allows you to activate the yaw damper for any aircraft. The line looks like this:yaw_damper_gain=0.000000Just change it to:yaw_damper_gain=1.000000and that aircraft will, once again, have a yaw damper. I was installing and reinstalling gauges and panels like a madman until I finally found this change.Hope this helps.Later, Dave

Guest jase439

You clever dude! I added this tip to the "FS2004 Tips" thread at the top of this forum on your behalf. This is too good a tip to pass up.Thanks!