Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gordius

Congratulation Microsoft ! Congratulation!

Guest touradg morassaei

Hi Before I buy fs2004 I was very disappointed with fs2004 according to my friends posts who were complaining about fs2004 and its problems, but now after 3 days of testing fs 2004 (31.5 hours) in my slow pc I am completely satisfied with this version of fs. Every things is amazingly improved and performance is unbelievable (I get 6 to 10 frame per second even with all sliders max!!!), loading is very fast and it is not like fs2002 at all .fs2004 run better and smoother on my PC and even better than fs2000 or 2002.There is no shatter as I had in fs2000 and 2002, no more crash on Windows 9x as we had in fs2002 and no solid and sheet like clouds. Sceneries are very realistic, Autogen work better and have less effect on frame rate, Weather is amazingly realistic, ATC work better and there is no mountain crash when you fly IFR even you can ask for different flight level when you are flying. Communications between you and air traffic controller is very realistic and many other new features which I think make this version of fs a very big step forward. Almost 70% of add-ons I used in fs2002 are fully compatible with fs2004 and they work better in fs2004 just some of them had minor problems that I am sure with a little work will work again. Anyhow Although We have some small problems but I think Fs2004 team did their job well and brought us the most realistic simulator in the world! Thanks for your great work!My Pc:Pentium III 1.11 GH512 MB SDRAMATI Rage 128 Pro With ultra Driver & 32MB Ram Maxtor 40 GB 5400 RPMF22X Joystick GeniusVibra 128 Sound Card Yours SincerelyTouradg MorassaeiTuesday, August 05, 2003

Guest Gordius

Absolutely. I couldn't be happier.

I am glad to hear that. Can I buy your PC system? :9Bill

Try flying into KLAS...:-)Here's my experience:50 miles out; ATC:"Learjet 9RB, Traffic is 8 O'clock, 5 miles, Kingair at 7000,report in sight9RB: have the trafficATC: Kingair N45634, Traffic is 2 0'clock, 4 miles Learjet at 10000,report in sight.KA634: have the trafficThis process was repeated as we got closer and closer, then I got a "Traffic Alert", "less than 1 mile". ATC never vectored either of us out of the way.Then this "former" ATC( I'm sure he was fired on the spot..LOL)cleared the KIngair in front of me on the same runway. He then clears another prop on the other runway in front of an MD-80!!Needless to say, we both got to do a "go-around". By the time I was on final, there were 5 "go-arounds".On the ground, I was cleared to taxi to parking, then told to hold short for the MD-80 on final, 5 seconds later, told to continue taxi. MD-80 was still on final.Vegas was the only Apt. where I have had trouble so far.Must have been some "trainees" on that day...heheNO wonder veteran Pilots have grey hair!!ALl in all though, a very excellent job by MS.A.L.

Guest Gordius

Michael,just checked out the two sites listed on your sig. Excellent. Added to favourites and will go back for a better look when I have more time.:-wave

Here Here!! I have a Gateway 866mhz,PIII-383M RAM-with a ATI_Radeon 9000-I have the sliders around middle-with the AI traffic at 100%-in clear weather I get about 25-35fps (locked at 40) it drops to about 10-15 in storms, etc. Everything works well and is a delight to look at and fly-I plan to use as minimal addons as possible-to keep it like this..and I love the new electronic kneeboard and Garmin GPS-what a improvement-great job Microsoft!

> Here Here!!> I have a Gateway 866mhz,PIII-383M RAM-with a ATI_Radeon>9000-I have the sliders around middle-with the AI traffic at>100%-in clear weather I get about 25-35fps (locked at 40) it>drops to about 10-15 in storms, etc. Everything works well and>is a delight to look at and fly-I plan to use as minimal>addons as possible-to keep it like this..and I love the new>electronic kneeboard and Garmin GPS-what a improvement-great>job Microsoft!Do you fly with the 3D clouds and real weather? If so what %, how does it perform? Any stutters or slow down in FPS?ThanksBill

Guest jcuellar

I totally agree too. I'm a very happy simmer!!My Simulator system:PC # 1P4 2.8 GHZ 800 FSB HTMotherboard MSI NEO 465PE1 GB PC3500 DDR Corsair XMS RAMHard Drive 80 MB 7200 RPM IDEGeForce 4 TI 4400 (45.20 drivers)Viedeo Proyector Proxima LX1 100" ScreenFlight Simualaror 2004 "Century of Flight"Windows XP Pro SP1.PC # 2P4 1.7 GHZ 400 FSBMotherbaord Intel 850 MD768 MB RAMBUS PC-800Hard Drive 40 GB 7200 RPM IDEGeForce 2 GTS Pro 32 MBGeForce 2 MMX 64 MBMonitor # 1 Sony 17" FlatMonitor # 2 Acerview 15"Project Magenta (PFD & EICAS)Windows XP Pro SP1.PC # 3AMD Athlon 1300 XPMotherboard GigaByte512 MB SDRAM PC133Hard Drive 40 GB 7200 RPMGeForce 2 MMX 64 MBMonitor HP 15"Project Magenta (CDU & MCP)Windows XP Pro SP1PC # 4Toshiba Satellite P3 Celeron 1.1 GHZ256 RAMHard Drive 40 GB14" TFT displayFsMeteo 6.01, Active Sky 1.9, PM Sounds, FliteStar 8.1 & Jeeppveiw(Jeppesen), SquawkBox 2.3 and Roger Wilco.All PC's are networked with a registered FSIUPC 3.03 & Wide FS.Additional hardware:PFC Jetliner Yoke & PedalsSafeline Jet throttle consoleSaitek Cyborge force feedback JoystickBest RegardsJaime CuellarMonterrey, M

I totally agree. This is MS's finest FS release ever. I get excellent frame rates on Geforce4 440mx and an athlon 1.2ghz and no stutters. And the scenery breathtaking. Oh and did I mention a drastic improvment in flight dynamics. It's everything I wanted FS to be. Kudos MS.Tim

Guest touradg morassaei

Thanks for reply.

Guest Gordius

Same thing for me on approach to Madrid, Barajas last night. My problem though was that ATC forgot to tell me a 777 was approaching from around 7 o'clock. I happened to see it from my window about 3 seconds before it ploughed into the side of me. On approach to somewhere else the other day when flying a 737 ATC again neglected to tell me that I was overtaking a tiny cessna on glideslope which was around 200 feet below me by the time I saw it in Spot mode, should I feel guilty that he had to go around because I got there first and I wonder which of us was descending above/below glide slope?