Sign in to follow this  
Guest Werner_fly

Where can I get all the patches for Fly!2

Guest Werner_fly

I have the german version of Fly!2 and I want to reactivate it, but there is no way to get the needed patches. All the links mentioned in the FAQ#3 has the 404 error.Is there an existing download link, especially for the final 250 patch?Werner

Hi Werner:I have a copy of all the patches for the european release of fly! 2, send me a msg with a email addy and I will fire up the msn over the weekend so we can transfer the file, I have noticed the multitude of files missing from the fly! 2 archive, and I'm looking at my old hard drive to see how many of them I can restore (hopefully other people are also looking in the same direction) and we can have most of our lost files back.I must say, I failed even to find the link to the file in either Avsim (fly! 2 patches section) or Flightsim, so perhaps we can persuade Avsim to accept the file as new...I know the file is found in the Simvol DVDs, a worth small investment in time to come. but for the time being just drop me a private line and I will be more then happy to login this weekend to pass on the zips.Best regardsDan

I just uploaded patches 4 (210), 5 (230), 6 (240) and the globe update back into the library. It will probably be a couple of days before it passes their censorship and becomes available.I don't know if reloads are published, so it would be a good idea to keep checking the original file link to see if it has been restoredDan

Guest Werner_fly
I just uploaded patches 4 (210), 5 (230), 6 (240) and the globe update back into the library. It will probably be a couple of days before it passes their censorship and becomes available.I don't know if reloads are published, so it would be a good idea to keep checking the original file link to see if it has been restoredDan
Hallo Dan,thank you for the offer to help me. In the meantime I found "FlyIIFeatureUpdate4.Zip" (2.0.197 => 2.0.210) and "chartpatch2.zip" (corrects the error of the sectional charts). Now I only need the Fly2Patch240; it seems to include the 230Patch. I'll wait some days if Avsim accepted your upload and I can get the patch in the Avsim library.Greeting Wernerflying@wp.schulz.de

Hi:There was a problem with the 3 main patches upload (files went missing in transit) but the global update was successfully uploaded and its now available.I have sent them again, I gather they should be ready by Monday.

Hi Werner:I have good news and bad news...The bad news: Unfortunately The same problem has happened again (files missing) and I am required to try and upload the files once more to the Avsim library... (this could take a while)the good news: I was able to upload these same patches to the flighsim library and are now available, though they seem to have been sent to the utilities & miscellaneous section, rather than Fly!2 as such.bear in mind you need to login before proceeding to download.these are the links:Fly! 2 Update 6 (240) http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=146033Fly! 2 Update 5 (230)http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=146020Fly! 2 Update 4 (210)http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=146021I will continue trying to upload them here, they are a necessity for anyone wishing to continue using the sim, may they be new or not.Dan

Guest Werner_fly

the good news: I was able to upload these same patches to the flighsim library and are now available, though they seem to have been sent to the utilities & miscellaneous section, rather than Fly!2 as such.Hallo Dan,I'm happy for the good news. I have downloaded the needed patches by FlightSim.Com and now I have the Fly!2 final version :-)It seems 99,9% of the listed files in the AVSIM library of Fly! and Fly!2 are lost but why are all the lost files not marked "Not available!"?Many thanks for your effort.Greetings Werner

Hi Werner:I think the library does not posses the necessary resources to evaluate what was lost during the crash, its mainly down to the general community to spot, reload and guide them to these damaged links. In time we should have most of them back (hopefully!)In the meanwhile the patches will be restored, the issue of the files going missing has been resolved (I was using brackets within the name of the zip, rendering it invalid), I trust they will be available as from tomorrow Wednesday.let me know if I can help in any wayDan

Guest ma2566

does anyone know why Auto Land (Z button) does not work? can it be fixed??

Hi Werner:I have a copy of all the patches for the european release of fly! 2, send me a msg with a email addy and I will fire up the msn over the weekend so we can transfer the file, I have noticed the multitude of files missing from the fly! 2 archive, and I'm looking at my old hard drive to see how many of them I can restore (hopefully other people are also looking in the same direction) and we can have most of our lost files back.I must say, I failed even to find the link to the file in either Avsim (fly! 2 patches section) or Flightsim, so perhaps we can persuade Avsim to accept the file as new...I know the file is found in the Simvol DVDs, a worth small investment in time to come. but for the time being just drop me a private line and I will be more then happy to login this weekend to pass on the zips.Best regardsDan
Hi dan,Here at AVSIM, if you cannot provide confirmation from original authors their approval, the managers here will not accept an uploaded replacement file. Support email addresses are a necessity, so original read-mes must have such information within. In other words, all rules must still be adhered to, and if copyrighted (such as original TRI uploads) are submitted, they will not be approved. (See my two posts in another thread). Cheers,ken

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi dan,Here at AVSIM, if you cannot provide confirmation from original authors their approval, the managers here will not accept an uploaded replacement file. Support email addresses are a necessity, so original read-mes must have such information within. In other words, all rules must still be adhered to, and if copyrighted (such as original TRI uploads) are submitted, they will not be approved. (See my two posts in another thread). Cheers,ken
If one has copyrighted material, one is allowed to make a copy for backup purposes in case of a hard disc crash, right?So wouldn't it be possible to consider my files your "off-site" security backup. I mean, since you had the file to begin with, you should be allowed to recover it by any means you see fit???Roy B.Oslo, Norway

Hello! Do you happen to know where i can get these patches for Mac OS?

Hello! Do you happen to know where i can get these patches for Mac OS?
Hi Garik,To be honest, I doubt we'll be able to find any of the MAC patches,and I see you posted in the MAC User section of the Fly! series to see if someone is still around that might be able to help you. That is about the best we can do from this end right now. You might jump over to Flightsim.com and see if you can find the patches there.Sorry I cannot be of any more help. :Worried:Best regards,

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster