Sign in to follow this  

Some great new features examples

Guest Nathan Palmer

Put a new video card in and wanted to do a short flight. As a side note did not see any improvements in the new card (gForce3 upgraded to FX5600 golden limited) unitl I did what I read and removed the config file and let FS rebuild one. So I am at Madison WI and want to start a flight to find that the field is now IFR and cant just go. File a flight to a close field thats non controlled. Take off and get a very smooth flight. Loving the new sim now. Get cleared for a GPS approach rwy 12 with ...get this...a circle to land rwy 36!!! Since I am flying in non window mode with the 5600 card I cant bring up the GPS but find the field by the beacon now! I also see that I have the option of going missed via published!! Once I have the field and circle to land I get a grass strip to land on instead of the paved one. Get in and see other traffic which taxis for take off. See some great new buildings and telephone poles and had great visual weather. This flight being at night also enjoyed the twinkling new city lights. Folks in this one short flight I saw and had the feeling that there was not one part of this sim that made me feel like I was in 2002. The entire flight was filled with great new features. I really hope that the video card makers get the drivers fixed for both nVidia and ATI so others can enjoy this sim like what i just did.NPp4 2.0512ramFX5600AI 50%AutoGen very dense3d clouds 10%coverage medFlights are smooth and eye candy is great.

I have a GeForce TI 4600 and was finding that FS2004 Was shuttering even at the lowest possible scenery enabled. I had the latest drivers and everything! Finally I got this crazy idea to use older drivers! I used the Nvidia GeForce Ti4600 30.82 driver and I had no shuttering and could run flight sim at max scenery and highest detail and my frame rate was abd 30. Hope this info helps. joe