Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

Strange AI in FS9

I copied my traffic.bgl file and all of my AI folders to FS9. Set up for my first flight using the PMDG 737NG and came upon something really strange. As I was holding short of runway 15L at KIAH, at least 20-30 a/c were in the landing pattern for both 15L and 15R. Cool, huh? :-kewl Well, not quite so fast, Batman.... :-lol All repeat all of them got the Go Around. Wierdest thing I ever saw. Everyone of them had to go around. There was nothing at all on either runway and I was holding well short of the hold short line. Anyone else experience this???:-hmmm

Guest CargoMun

I think its becos all @ signs in the flightplan.txt needs to be removed (decompile in fs2002, replace all @'s with nothing using wordpad or word, and then compile again -> move to FS9)

hahaaha have fun replacing your @ signs, it sounds like you will be back finished in Christmas time :-lol

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

It may be that there were no gates for them to park at, especially if you have added any AI traffic, though I have seen this at some airports without any AI traffic added.. In 2K2, thay would just dissappear, while in 2K4, they do a go around. I guess we will have to wait until this Fall and a new Afcad to be sure. John Fitzpatrick

>hahaaha have fun replacing your @ signs, it sounds like you>will be back finished in Christmas time :-lol>using search and replace would do it within a few seconds.

Guest CargoMun

>hahaaha have fun replacing your @ signs, it sounds like you>will be back finished in Christmas time :-lolWordpad or Word does have a "replace" function you know ;)Notepad does as well but i would seriously not recommend using that one if you have a large trafficplan file lol

Actually, it took about 5 minutes. Even with my 2.4Ghz P4...... I'll try it out tonight!

If you're using Flight 1's U.T.,then just check the "Inhibit Fixed Arrival Times" on the compile page which removes the @ symbols from the flight plan. Other folks have also mentioned that you should unselect the Cesna 182RG and airport overlays as well.AL

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest boback

Download Ultraedit10 from www.ultraedit.com and it'll replace those suckers in 2 secs. It is BY FAR one of the best text editors.And yes, remove the @ signs fixes the go-arounds. That baffled me for a couple of days too. Nice to have my AI landing again :)

Guest HeavyFan

Hmm strange?? I put in my FS2002 Traffic BGL iwth mostly MRAI Plans in them, and i did not take out the "@" sign in the plans, i was watching all my new Traffic in 2004, and they all seemed to land perfectly at KSEA! no go arounds at all?? Had one go around, but that was because a plane was slow to get off the runway! and these were with FSP and PAI AI Planes in 2004? HMMMMM GO figure! LOL, MIKE-:)

Guest HeavyFan

replace the "@" with nothing, if thats what makes the plane lands if your just remove the"@" sign from the plans, but my AI Plans work fine and planes land in my FS9, with the "@" sign in them! -:)