Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Best you can do is think of this as an 'experimental' mod to enable Shader Model 3.0 support in FSX. Personally, I use it for daily flying, and the IQ and/or performance improvement is NOT evident, so, you be the judge, if you like it, keep it, if you don't revert back to your original shaders following the instructions inside.I'm particularly interested in feedback from ATI users (specially those using 5870's) to see if there is a noticeable performance improvement.Clouds look exactly the same, fog is sligthly better so don't expect a dramatic change. Water effects should be improved, however, you need to fly low anduse REX effects to notice this, pay close attention to reflections and water at night.As of today, the mod is COMPLETELY SM3.0 for Clouds and Water, The terrain and General shader are 'partially' SM3.0 because only the 'Vertex' shaders were changed tocompile with 3.0, pixel shaders are still 2.0Here's the file: (Avsim library system is offline, so I uploaded it to my personal site)http://www.venetubo.com/SM3_v1.0.zipP.D a 'custom' ENBSeries config + file is included for improved effects, but it is NOT necessary.

I already said thanks for this, but here it goes again... THANK YOU!! It works very well on my system and I like it very much, water definitely looks much better!

Excellent, downloaded, and will give this a try. Thank you for all your wonderful efforts you have put into things as of late. It's much appreciated from this end!Cheers,Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I just installed this mod, for which I'd like to thank you a lot, but I noticed that the files d3d9.dll and enbseries.ini weren't present in my current FSX installation. Is that normal?
Yes, that's normal...you'd have those only if you had installed and were using the third-party "bloom" mod, which alters FSX visually (but at a modest cost to frame rate).

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

On my desktop (w/ ATI 3870X2) I had trouble running this in DX9 mode - ground and water were no longer textured and all 3D objects were not being drawn. Switching to DX10 Preview helped immensely, but then I lost vsync and ENBseries so I switched back. FWIW I think the clouds and water did look nicer when I had them running.Kind regardsDave

Guest Zorg_DK

Thanks for your sharing this Heysus, I doesn't work for me though. Everything is white. No objects are being drawn, only sky, plane shadows and sun is being rendered. I can see white objects (planes fx) when I switch view but they quickly disappear.DX10 stil works fine after the shader change. Using ATI 5870, Win 7, fsx.cfg tweaked with Vsync, BF=0 etc.

*******,I am also having issues with 5870. I know shaderV3 is working as Ive been using it in my modded SwarmCloud.fx... and re-compiled shader cachesWhat I am seeing with this mod, water and clouds are being rendered correctly. No Terrain or Objects are rendering at all.

Craig Sells

Thanks for your sharing this Heysus, I doesn't work for me though. Everything is white. No objects are being drawn, only sky, plane shadows and sun is being rendered. I can see white objects (planes fx) when I switch view but they quickly disappear.DX10 stil works fine after the shader change. Using ATI 5870, Win 7, fsx.cfg tweaked with Vsync, BF=0 etc.
In your partciular case, i'm 100% positive you don't have ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 check that.

Are you guys sure you have the Allow_Shaders_30=1 flag set in the fsx.cfg file?
Yup, As I said, already using SwarmCloud.fx with shader V3...EDIT: I am currently using the 10.4 beta drivers, I will try a couple of different driver builds out, see if theres any change..

Craig Sells

Are you guys sure you have the Allow_Shaders_30=1 flag set in the fsx.cfg file?
and.. make sure to check the syntax as well.. its ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 (not SHADERS) but SHADER

*******,I am also having issues with 5870. I know shaderV3 is working as Ive been using it in my modded SwarmCloud.fx... and re-compiled shader cachesWhat I am seeing with this mod, water and clouds are being rendered correctly. No Terrain or Objects are rendering at all.
Interesting.... I think I know what the problem might be, unfortunately, fixing it for the ATI's mean I'll need to reduce shader version for terrain and the general shader. Apparently ATI's don;t like SM3.0 for those, it could also be a driver problem. I really don't want to 'downgrade' the shaders so ATI users can enjoy them, because it defeats the purpose! so, please the ATI users having problems contact me PRIVATELY, I've some ideas for you to test that do NOT apply to nVidia users