Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Hi,I wonder if my original shader and shader10 folders that I backed up were corrupt. How can I find the ShadersHLSL on the original DVD's?.Thanks

You remember what was the last add-on you installed? (obviously before the shader mod)Mike, replacing a folder (ShadersHLSL) and re-building the Shader cache is something I've done probably thousands of times (due to all my testing) so its highly unlikely that it is causing your this CTD's However, it IS possible, that re-building your cache (if you never did that before) is triggering some kind of error in your FSX install. Unfortunately, I;m out of ideas.. I think you probably tested all possible combinations, so there must be a corrupted file somehwere!Suggestion:If you do reinstall, rename your ACTUAL fsx folder... you really want to compare those to see what was missing.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Thank you once again *******!Just to confirm that Shader 3.0 mod works well on my "long in the tooth" system. (see specs below) The sim smoothed out even more and I got a little FPS increase (when on a old system every bit counts :( ).I do have one question: FSWC "works by editing the shader file associated with FSX shader model 2 water" as quoted from their website. Am I correct in saying that if we want the full benefit of the SM 3.0 mod we should not use FSWC?Thanks in advance

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Guest 413X3

Yes don't use water config otherwise you will get a nice light blue solid water texture everywhere. I am hoping to figure out how to mod the file to tone down reflections, otherwise everything is great about the new shader

Yes don't use water config otherwise you will get a nice light blue solid water texture everywhere. I am hoping to figure out how to mod the file to tone down reflections, otherwise everything is great about the new shader
Thanks David. Have you also tried it with the FSWC Lite over here? It features a special DX10 shader featuring all the new enhancements coming in FSWC+. Now if DX10 shaders = Shader 3.0, then we might have a solution. I do not have time to test now, but will do so later this weekend.

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Did you see my post above? Looks like a problem in your FSX.CFG file relating to your ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 line.
Yes I saw your post thanks bt It was just a copy paste error It lines up in the actual cfg .I did revert but the problem is there in dx9 dx10 is working fine now I deleted nbseries ini and the dx9 hook and when I try to load the sim in dx9 some times it loads all the way to the option menu If I delete the cfg in the my documents fsx folder ok but now once you try to acces the free filght screen where the aircraft spins I get some thing like a flash all is white where you would normaly see the aircraft fsx frees and ctd

*******, just some anecdotal feedback from an ATI 4850 user. Image quality seems roughly the same, but the performance improvement seems to be massive with clouds and fog, especially fog. For example, the stock mission "Flying Blind Across the Channel" has always been completely unplayable for me, apparently due to the fog. No longer. Brilliant.I think this may really be the fix ATI users have been waiting for. Thanks!

Hi,That's the same problem I'm having. As soon as FSX loads to the free flight screen where the aircraft spins, FSX locks up and I end up with a CTD. The only difference is I do not get a white flash, it just locks up.

Yes I saw your post thanks bt It was just a copy paste error It lines up in the actual cfg .I did revert but the problem is there in dx9 dx10 is working fine now I deleted nbseries ini and the dx9 hook and when I try to load the sim in dx9 some times it loads all the way to the option menu If I delete the cfg in the my documents fsx folder ok but now once you try to acces the free filght screen where the aircraft spins I get some thing like a flash all is white where you would normaly see the aircraft fsx frees and ctd

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest 413X3
Thanks David. Have you also tried it with the FSWC Lite over here? It features a special DX10 shader featuring all the new enhancements coming in FSWC+. Now if DX10 shaders = Shader 3.0, then we might have a solution. I do not have time to test now, but will do so later this weekend.
didn't work for me, maybe I was doing something wrong though

*******, Ive just sent you an email with reference to V1.1 its not working as planned at this moment, although Im still on Beta 10.4 drivers. I will update these to the release version, then try again.

Craig Sells

Someone correct me if Im wrong but, DX10=Shader 4.0

Craig Sells

didn't work for me, maybe I was doing something wrong though
I'll let you know what my results are when I've tested later this weekend.
Someone correct me if Im wrong but, DX10=Shader 4.0
Thanks for letting us know Craig. I did not know hence my statement: "Now if DX10 shaders = Shader 3.0, then ..."

Regards,

Gerhard

One more thing, the ENBSeries mod (included) with the Shaders is optional, try not using it or renaming the file included (if your already copied it) to d3d9.dll.DISABLED and try again. even users with 3000 and 4000 series card are having success, so no reason for the 5000's to experience problems, in any case should be the other way around! you guys are not using BETA drivers right?

... you guys are not using BETA drivers right?
I'm on Catalyst

Regards,

Gerhard

you guys are not using BETA drivers right?
ATI seem to have a habit of breaking there release versions, 10.3 was a major pain for me....

Craig Sells

Hi,That's the same problem I'm having. As soon as FSX loads to the free flight screen where the aircraft spins, FSX locks up and I end up with a CTD. The only difference is I do not get a white flash, it just locks up.
I remember I had this bug a few years ago before sp2, also it had something to do whit a shader for water mod but at this point I dont remember what or how I fixed the problem