Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

The v1.1 shaders work nicely now. I didn't really notice any particular performance improvement or IQ change though I'm sorry to say. One bug I did notice was that the smoke stacks are now seperated from their smoke (see heavily reduced screenshot attached).Kind regardsDave

Hi,That's the same problem I'm having. As soon as FSX loads to the free flight screen where the aircraft spins, FSX locks up and I end up with a CTD. The only difference is I do not get a white flash, it just locks up.
OK I manage to fix my problem try this remove the ALLOW_SHADER_30=1SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=from cfg and copy this to your local disk\users\your name here\app data\ local\microsoft\FSX I all ways keep a second os on another drive that I use for this kind Off situations here I also keep fsx installed whit accel but whit out any add on I hope you get yours fixd good luck LINKHERE

*******, just some anecdotal feedback from an ATI 4850 user. Image quality seems roughly the same, but the performance improvement seems to be massive with clouds and fog, especially fog. For example, the stock mission "Flying Blind Across the Channel" has always been completely unplayable for me, apparently due to the fog. No longer. Brilliant.I think this may really be the fix ATI users have been waiting for. Thanks!
Another ATI user, *******... I rebuilt FSX completely last night, because of the corrupted aircraft graphics when using using SP2. She's running perfectly with your shader mod, with SP2 installed - so you've fixed it for sure. I didn't notice too much water change, but locked at 26 without PNW/GEX/UT_USA loaded, and with the "Grey & Rainy selected there is almost a full dense overcast with very limited visibilty just about down to ground level. This solid cloud usually pulls any ATI card down, and I think this might now be somewhat solved. Needs more flying time. I'm not sure if the rain water on the pan and runways are affected by this mod, either - it may be the placebo effect (what do I know what shaders do??), but it appears more realistic - not so "bumpy".. Also (edit) - the sim is noticeably smoother.So far so good. ENB series is perfect.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

GTX 285 2gb on 197.45 v1.0 & 1.1 working fine apart from wet runways seem to be missing the runway markings (uk2000 EGLL) thanks

..and I'm suffering blurred textures - but only on the walls of all PNW buildings, hangars, etc.. I will play with the FFTF.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Another ATI user, *******... I rebuilt FSX completely last night, because of the corrupted aircraft graphics when using using SP2. She's running perfectly with your shader mod, with SP2 installed - so you've fixed it for sure. I didn't notice too much water change, but locked at 26 without PNW/GEX/UT_USA loaded, and with the "Grey & Rainy selected there is almost a full dense overcast with very limited visibilty just about down to ground level. This solid cloud usually pulls any ATI card down, and I think this might now be somewhat solved. Needs more flying time. I'm not sure if the rain water on the pan and runways are affected by this mod, either - it may be the placebo effect (what do I know what shaders do??), but it appears more realistic - not so "bumpy".. Also (edit) - the sim is noticeably smoother.So far so good. ENB series is perfect.
Paul,Im glad you are seeing the same sort of results I am getting. This is definitely good news for ATI users...I did some heavy testing last night and again this morning, the results are very positive indeed. I have found with dense cloud bases and Shader 3.0, there are not particularly big performance boosts, but some improvement is evident, especially if you give Super-sampling a try at x4... :( However, SSAA is still not usable in heavy conditions for everyday flying but the increase was around 5-6 fps in my test scenario, compared with default shader configurations. I fear we will never get into anything over 2x SSAA with FSX.The biggest improvement as you mentioned Paul, has come in the form of flying into dense cloud conditions without the major drop off in fps, I am still seeing a decrease but nothing as alarming as before. Also the whole sim seems a LOT smoother with all the shaders converted to shader model 3.0... so, all in all, a major thumbs up. Great work *******..!!

Craig Sells

The biggest improvement as you mentioned Paul, has come in the form of flying into dense cloud conditions without the major drop off in fps,
with my nVidia card you can't really notice any performance improvement with cloud cover, so if there is a performance improvement for ATI users that is great news. So far it seems thismod will benefit ATI users only :(We really need to confirm this (performance improvement) so lets see what others (with ATI's) have to report

Hi,I tried removing the ALLOW_SHADER_30 & SHADER_CACHE_VERSION from the config last night, it did not work. I've just got done removing FSX and all my addons from the system, I'll begin the reinstall today.

OK I manage to fix my problem try this remove the ALLOW_SHADER_30=1SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=from cfg and copy this to your local disk\users\your name here\app data\ local\microsoft\FSX I all ways keep a second os on another drive that I use for this kind Off situations here I also keep fsx installed whit accel but whit out any add on I hope you get yours fixd good luck LINKHERE

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Zorg_DK

It's working great for me. I'm on a 5870. I can't really say how big the improvement is since my system is fairly new and I haven't logged many flight hours in FSX on it yet but my sim is very smooth at high settings with the shader 3.0 mod. It doesn't seem like weather is affecting fps here so that's great!I think I have to replace the ShadersHLSL folder in FSX (and add a new number in SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=x) after I change wave animation in REX 2.0. So far I've been using wave animation 2xshader and not dx10 animation in REX. Good job *******!

Working great here on an ATI5870. No noticeable gain in raw framerate but the stutters when flying through heavy cloud cover are gone for me. Thanks!

Hi all,Can any ATI 5870 users trying ******* Mod please try these settings and report back there IQ & FPS findings. Make sure you fly in fairly dense weather. I'm getting some very encouraging results with SSAAand Shader 3.0, Ive just removed the 10.4 beta driver and installed the Release version, so I need people to verify things, I wasn't seeing with the Beta (ie. Big improvements)10.4 Release DriversShader update V1.1 (Shader Model 3.0)FSX AA UN-TICKEDCCC settings:Use application settings UNTICKEDAA Super-Sample x 4 with Wide-tent filter (samples x8)AF x16AI AdvancedAA Mode QualityMipMap Qualityfingers crossed...........

Craig Sells

Hi,Well, my system does not like this new shader fix at all. I just got done reinstalling fsx, nothing else is installed. After replacing the ShadersHLSL folder within FSX using your update, I then removed the Shaders folder from my C:/users/mike/appdata/local/Microsoft/FSX directory and allowed FSX to rebuild the folders with your new shader update.All I get is a black screen. If I go back to FSX's original Shader folder everything works fine. Any ideas what the problem is?. Syatem specs listed below.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mike, Disable the ENB series if you installed that at the same time (Remove or re-name the DLL), I had this problem, ******* kindly pointed out that there maybe a conflict...and there was.Hope this helps

Craig Sells

Hi,Well, my system does not like this new shader fix at all. I just got done reinstalling fsx, nothing else is installed. After replacing the ShadersHLSL folder within FSX using your update, I then removed the Shaders folder from my C:/users/mike/appdata/local/Microsoft/FSX directory and allowed FSX to rebuild the folders with your new shader update.All I get is a black screen. If I go back to FSX's original Shader folder everything works fine. Any ideas what the problem is?. Syatem specs listed below.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did you remember the fsx.cfg edits as well?[GRAPHICS]ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

Any ideas what the problem is?. Syatem specs listed below.
thats really, really weird, the only thing that comes to mind is that you were using the RTM version, but you said you have SP2 installed! with the updated version, none of the BETA testers (or me) that use nVidias had any problem at all.Mike, send me your fsx.cfg at jaltuve@gmail.com let me take a look at it.